Neurosurgery Contract Questions

All neurosurgery PA's, I know you're out there. It appears I'm a strong candidate for a NS position I applied for about a month ago. Interview went well and they are calling my references this week. The next phase will be contract negotiations. I'm their first PA, so I can pretty much push for anything I really want. So my questions are:

1. Is there anything you wished you had put in your contract?

2. Do you have a bonus structure and if so how is it calculated? (percentage of received?) Does a PA in NS really bill that much each month including first assists and rounding?

3. Where is your salary based on the average surgery PA salary in your area?

4. Do you take ER call? How does that work? Is there a MD on call with you? What compensation do you get for call?

5. Advise for me?

There is one thing I learned from my previous employment that I will push hard for: Ability to see what I bill for and how much they collect for my services. Thanks!

jasonr

• 3 months later...
All neurosurgery PA's, I know you're out there. It appears I'm a strong candidate for a NS position I applied for about a month ago. Interview went well and they are calling my references this week. The next phase will be contract negotiations. I'm their first PA, so I can pretty much push for anything I really want. So my questions are:

1. Is there anything you wished you had put in your contract?

2. Do you have a bonus structure and if so how is it calculated? (percentage of received?) Does a PA in NS really bill that much each month including first assists and rounding?

3. Where is your salary based on the average surgery PA salary in your area?

4. Do you take ER call? How does that work? Is there a MD on call with you? What compensation do you get for call?

5. Advise for me?

There is one thing I learned from my previous employment that I will push hard for: Ability to see what I bill for and how much they collect for my services. Thanks!

jasonr

Sorry I'm a little late :)

1. may be an annual contract review

2. Not in the contract but I have always recived some bonus at the and of the year. It depends I have salary + first assist ( if paid by the inssurance / patient)

3. MY friend they say in the high end 95K

4. I take ER call from home. If I'm the first call MD is the second call.if the MD is first call sometimes I'm the second call. It is compensated at 25% of the hourly rate, and 100% of the horly rate If I have to go the hospital.

5. study study study. A "pocket book" is your best friend.

Archived