2014-2015 Cycle

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@medtech10 @fbarr I'm not sure they meant now because I got the same email.. I applied over a month ago and completed MyStar shortly after that but my GRE scores didn't get there until July 30th so if they meant "not" in review I think it was based on the fact that it just hasn't YET but will.. I wouldn't worry too much!

@medtech10 @fbarr I'm not sure they meant now because I got the same email.. I applied over a month ago and completed MyStar shortly after that but my GRE scores didn't get there until July 30th so if they meant "not" in review I think it was based on the fact that it just hasn't YET but will.. I wouldn't worry too much!

Received email saying it was a typo. Our apps in fact sent to dept for review.

Anyone receive the July 22nd email from UTMB notifying the applicant that their app is in review and still are waiting on a response? Also, can someone remind what the secondary application was about, I can't remember if it required writing etc?

My app was verified first week of June and just curious if June verified apps have received interview invites

For those of you who have gotten interviews already congratulations. For those like me who are waiting *fingers crossed* I wish you luck. I actually live in Galveston and for those who are interested in places to stay when you come down the island's high season will end this weekend. This means it will not be crowded and the prices on hotel rooms will go down. If you are staying on the island you can get anywhere you want to go from 61st street to UTMB (4th street) in 10 minutes or so. If you pick any major hotel chain you will do fine. Their are only a few places on the Seawall that are sketchy and they are close to 25th and seawall. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE! :) 

maybe this is a dumb question but i just noticed that one of the attachments on the interview invitation talks about going to the health professions building and the other one talks about going to some 1003 market building. Before I call and bug someone does anyone know which one we're supposed to go to? Thanks!

***If anyone's wondering go to the 1003 market building

Can anyone tell me after how many days you get supplemental app link once the CASPA verify the application?

Thanks 

Mine took about 3 days before I got an email from UTMB with the subject line "CASPA ACKNOWLEDGMENT LETTER". In that letter I received a link to follow to fill out my supplemental application. I hope that helps. 

My CASPA was verified July 9, UTMB sent me my login info July 15, got an email saying my application was under review July 31 and August 21 and got my interview invite August 26.

Thanks for the info. It really helps put some form of time frame in place as to what applications they are processing right now. 

My CASPA was verified June 12 but I received the 'under review' emails after others who were verified way after me. I'm really worried and confused to why this is so..

Do you mean "Under Review" from UTMB or from CASPA? If It is UTMB, did it say that it was "Under Reveiw" by the PA department or by the office of Admissions. UTMB has all of its paper work go through the Department of Admissions/Student Services office. Then after they review it and confirm that you have what you need they forward it to the PA department for review. If you are not sure where it is I would email Leann Carmical (lecarmic@utmb.edu). She is the director of admissions for UTMB and her office reviews all applications for the School of Health Professions. Do not let the title scare you off; She is a really friendly woman who is very interested in helping

students. She will be able to tell you if they have finished reviewing your application and if it is with them or with the PA department. 

If it is with the department she will not be able to tell you very much but you are not bothering her by asking. I hope this helps. Best of Luck

Do you mean "Under Review" from UTMB or from CASPA? If It is UTMB, did it say that it was "Under Reveiw" by the PA department or by the office of Admissions. UTMB has all of its paper work go through the Department of Admissions/Student Services office. Then after they review it and confirm that you have what you need they forward it to the PA department for review. If you are not sure where it is I would email Leann Carmical (lecarmic@utmb.edu). She is the director of admissions for UTMB and her office reviews all applications for the School of Health Professions. Do not let the title scare you off; She is a really friendly woman who is very interested in helping

students. She will be able to tell you if they have finished reviewing your application and if it is with them or with the PA department.

If it is with the department she will not be able to tell you very much but you are not bothering her by asking. I hope this helps. Best of Luck

I got the under review in the PA department from UTMB twice, on August 6th and August 21st. It should mean it's there now, I hope. I was just worried that they mixed up my application and that I submitted my CASPA early for nothing since UTMB has rolling admissions. :/ thanks for the info!

Submitted my CASPA on 6/13, and I heard back with an interview offer on August 25th for September 15th.  Anyone know any close hotels? :)

Also, does anyone know how the interviews will go?  The letter says rotating faculty panel (one on one, according to their FAQ) and student panel, but if anyone knows more details, I'd be happy to hear how your experiences went.

Archived