Emory Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the email today! 10/20 is my interview date. Anyone else out there interviewing then? 

To give a timeline perspective..... CASPA submitted 8/13 and verified 8/14. Emory verified acceptance of CASPA app on 8/14 too. Emory supplemental submitted 8/14 and approved 8/16. Interview invite extended by email on 9/2. I am so excited and can not wait to meet the Emory PA team! Wishing other Emory applicants luck!    

Hey all, I wanted to let everyone know that I received an invite to interview last Friday. It took some tweaking, but Kaye and I were finally able to settle on a date- November 3rd. I'm looking forward to heading up there again and getting a second go at it. Has anyone else scheduled November 3rd? My experience last year was such a positive one -aside from the whole not getting accepted aspect- that I don't even mind having to go back and go through it again. The campus is BEAUTIFUL and ATL is the bee's knees. The program is really impressive and they put out some top-notch PAs. Something they emphasized during the interviews was how their clinical rotations are really job interviews for many students. This is a HUGE benefit. Emory's hospital is extremely prestigious and any job prospects there would be incredible.

Hey all, I wanted to let everyone know that I received an invite to interview last Friday. It took some tweaking, but Kaye and I were finally able to settle on a date- November 3rd. I'm looking forward to heading up there again and getting a second go at it. Has anyone else scheduled November 3rd? My experience last year was such a positive one -aside from the whole not getting accepted aspect- that I don't even mind having to go back and go through it again. The campus is BEAUTIFUL and ATL is the bee's knees. The program is really impressive and they put out some top-notch PAs. Something they emphasized during the interviews was how their clinical rotations are really job interviews for many students. This is a HUGE benefit. Emory's hospital is extremely prestigious and any job prospects there would be incredible.

I also got offered an interview last week, but I will be interviewing October 22nd. Can you give an insight to how the interview will go? If you don't mind me asking, what was the reason you weren't accepted last year? Good Luck to you!!!

Hi everyone! 

I completed my application on eAug 20, 2014. The email noted that it would be 4 weeks until I heard something. On Sept 9, 2014, I was invited for an interview in Oct!

My heart goes out to all those who have not been invited for an interview. Don't give up and the denial does not define you. 

Here's to "fake it until you make it".

Best! 

Hi everyone! 

I completed my application on eAug 20, 2014. The email noted that it would be 4 weeks until I heard something. On Sept 9, 2014, I was invited for an interview in Oct!

My heart goes out to all those who have not been invited for an interview. Don't give up and the denial does not define you. 

Here's to "fake it until you make it".

Best! 

Congratulations, I also received the completed application email on 8/20, but I still have not heard anything back yet..I am starting to loose faith as I am seeing the time-frame of the other applicants on here. 

I just received a confirmation email today informing me that my application is being processed. With all the posts about interviews, I am nervous that not many interview offers will be made. Anyone know the cutoff for interviews times? Those who have gotten interviews, I wish you luck!

Don't give up hope just yet Emily. I feel like it's still fair game for applicants to get invited for interviews. From what I've read on past Emory threads they have two rounds of interviews in which they invite 1/2 of the candidates to interview up until November and the second half starting in January. If someone in the first cohort fell just shy of acceptance they'll push them over to the 2nd cycle of applicants and review their application with the new intervieews. Good luck! 

I'm interviewing that day as well :-) I am coming from Boston so I am making a whole weekend of exploring Atlanta with my husband. Are you traveling far?

I am so excited to actually see Emory and interview.

I actually have a friend that works at Emory I'll be staying with that weekend but I'm coming from Boone, NC so about a 6 hr drive. It's a lovely campus!

Did you submit your MPH application to SOPHAS yet or are you waiting to see if you get an interview with the PA program?

I have an interview 0ct 27th. So I am working on the MPH application now. I waited to start SOPHAS until I got the invite. Unfortunately its very similar to another whole CASPA i.e. typing out every course ever taken

Archived