Emory Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

Congratulations to those of you that have received interview invitations and good luck.  The interview process at Emory is very relaxed.  The best advice (and you will likely hear this over and over again) is to just be yourself.  The panel really wants to get to know YOU.  Also make sure you take advantage of the time you get with the current didactic students and the clinical year student when you are getting your tour.  Most programs give you plenty of time with didactic students during your interview but few allow you the opportunity to visit with someone on clinical rotations (which I know I didn't give much thought to during my interviews, but later realized I should have since that is the other half of your training time).  Once again, congratulations and best of luck to you all.

I am interviewing on 11/3. I'm traveling from Texas (DFW area) - indirectly.

Timeline:

25-Aug - esubmitted CASPA (I wanted to finish some summer coursework that would continue to raise my undergrad/post-baccalaureate GPA)

4-Sep - CASPA verified

16-Sep - supplemental completed & Emory confirmed appl in review

19-Sep - received (& accepted!) invite to interview 11/3

1-Oct - inquired about staying with a current student night before

7-Oct - student hosting coordinator responded

9-Oct - student host contacted me

FWIW, I interviewed with Emory late in previous cycle, but clearly didn't make the cut. :) Pleased to be invited back as a reapplicant.

Congrats to those who received interview invites!

I will be interviewing on Nov. 3rd and am very excited to visit the campus and meet the faculty and students there. Best of luck to everyone!

AliB-Funny, we are interviewing at two schools on the same days. Did you manage to get a decent flight to Atlanta after your first interview?

Congrats to those who received interview invites!

I will be interviewing on Nov. 3rd and am very excited to visit the campus and meet the faculty and students there. Best of luck to everyone!

AliB-Funny, we are interviewing at two schools on the same days. Did you manage to get a decent flight to Atlanta after your first interview?

Update your profile with a photo - I'll look for you Friday night.  :)

I have mucho many miles on American Airlines (I am almost a 5 million miler frequent flyer), so I used miles for my multi-city trip - have a very busy long weekend.  I fly from DFW to Birmingham, AL, Wed, 10/29 ... for an interview at UAB Thursday morning.  Then I'm driving to Atlanta to stay with one of my best friends for most of the weekend (she lives a bit north of the city).  Catching a flight from Atlanta to DC Friday afternoon, for my GWU interview on Saturday, returning to Atlanta Sat afternoon.  I opted to spend Sunday night with a gracious Emory student, then I'm flying back to DFW from Atlanta Monday evening.  

• 2 weeks later...

I relieved the acceptance phone call, so excited!

I managed to lose my notes from the interview, I was hoping someone might be able to answer some questions I cannot remember the answers to...

What is the attrition rate? What happens if you fail a test/ what are the standards to remain in the program?

How many months are didactic vs clinical?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

anyone know how many seats are filled for the upcoming class? just curious how many spots are left. I have an interview coming up and this is my absolute top choice. Would LOVE to be here!

From what I remember, they offer 25 seats in November, and after all the interviews in February they offer the remaining 25 + how ever many people from the first set turned down the spot in November. Good luck!

Archived