Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! I'm a student at NSU Orlando. Congratulations to all who are going for an interview! They are changing the interview process from how it was conducted last year. It will last several hours, so don't come hungry! You will meet most, if not all, of the professors. Current students will be there to help you out with directions and nerves. Just be polite and know the role of a PA, why you want to be a PA instead of some other practitioner, the typical questions you would expect to be asked. Some of the professors are a little tougher in interviews than others, but stay positive and confident, and you will be fine.

As for the accreditation, it is simply a paperwork issue that will be fixed by next year. We have a history of 100% PANCE pass rates, and truly superb professors who know their stuff and love teaching us.

Good luck to all!

I will be applying to Nova in the next few days and I was wanting to get some opinions. My first couple years of college were very rocky and I did not do well any many classes at all. When I took English Comp 1 I failed it the first time and then only earned a C in the course the second time. I know that Nova has an English Composition requirement and is there any other courses that could replace this course? 

My main questions is; should I even apply to Nova? Or will I just be shot down immediately since CASPA averages the 2 grades together. I just want an honest answer because I do not want to waste my time on applying to this school. I could take it again in the spring and get the grade to come up. 

I will be there on the 19th as well!!! 

I look forward to meeting you all :)

I received one as well I chose September 19!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also will be in attendance at the September 19th interview! Does anyone know about their interview process?

How are you all feeling about Friday?  

Howdy all,

I just interviewed today! As mentioned before, they've changed their interview process a bit so we were the first group to test it out. I think everything went very smoothly and was pretty low stress overall. You'll get there and meet with Pauline Dyda and she'll help you relax and offer you some snacks. The faculty will then come in and everyone can mingle for 15 minutes or so. After that, the group will write a brief (15 min) essay while the first set of 3 interviewees will start meeting with a total of 6 interviewers (all faculty) divided 2 per room in 3 rooms. You'll meet with them in each room for about 10-15 minutes and answer a few questions. After that, students will take you around on a tour and talk with you about the program. The students today did a fantastic job and I appreciate the time they took talking with us. Finally, there'll be a brief presentation by the financial aid folks to talk about loans, etc. Nothing scary! Just try to be calm and you'll have a nice time!

Howdy all,

I just interviewed today! As mentioned before, they've changed their interview process a bit so we were the first group to test it out. I think everything went very smoothly and was pretty low stress overall. You'll get there and meet with Pauline Dyda and she'll help you relax and offer you some snacks. The faculty will then come in and everyone can mingle for 15 minutes or so. After that, the group will write a brief (15 min) essay while the first set of 3 interviewees will start meeting with a total of 6 interviewers (all faculty) divided 2 per room in 3 rooms. You'll meet with them in each room for about 10-15 minutes and answer a few questions. After that, students will take you around on a tour and talk with you about the program. The students today did a fantastic job and I appreciate the time they took talking with us. Finally, there'll be a brief presentation by the financial aid folks to talk about loans, etc. Nothing scary! Just try to be calm and you'll have a nice time!

Thank you so much for the input!!

Hey guys.

I interviewed on September 19th. I just got my acceptance call today. I'm super excited to meet my future classmates. I'm wondering if anybody has started a facebook group. Also if there is any current students who could help me figure out where to live it would be greatly appreciated.

Second time was the charm for me guys, keep it up, have faith it will happen for you too.

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

Congrats !!! thats so great!!!!! 

Hey guys.

I interviewed on September 19th. I just got my acceptance call today. I'm super excited to meet my future classmates. I'm wondering if anybody has started a facebook group. Also if there is any current students who could help me figure out where to live it would be greatly appreciated.

Second time was the charm for me guys, keep it up, have faith it will happen for you too.

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guys.

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

I interviewed the same day and heard back today!!!! Can't wait to meet you! 

Archived