Re-applying through CASPA

I have been trying to open up another account for this cycle.. but when I try to re-apply, enter in my username and password, I get a prompt telling me that my login information is not valid.. anyone else have this problem?

Also, I will be applying to several other schools than I did this past year (still on the waitlist at one, just want to be proactive in this cycle in case things don't go my way). Is it possible to send two different PS??? I want to send the same one I did this last year to the new schools I will be applying to, except change it up a little bit to include things I have done this past year. Then I want to send another one to the schools I applied to this last cycle explaining how I improved/strengthened my application.

Anyone with suggestions?

You shouldnt need to set up a new application....as a reapplicant a bit of your information will be saved.

Q: I applied to CASPA last year and would like to reapply. Can I carry over my information?

A: If you applied AND SUBMITTED your application to CASPA last cycle, you are eligible to have your application information imported to the new cycle. Please click the reapplicant link on the login page to proceed with creating a reapplicant account. DO NOT CLICK “CREATE NEW ACCOUNT” ON THE HOME PAGE

https://secure.caspaonline.org/applicants2011/faq/reapply.htm

In order to get ready for the new application cycle you have to wait for this cycle to close (2010-2011) and the new one to open (2011-2012)....it usually opens in Apr/May

You shouldnt need to set up a new application....as a reapplicant a bit of your information will be saved.

Q: I applied to CASPA last year and would like to reapply. Can I carry over my information?

In order to get ready for the new application cycle you have to wait for this cycle to close (2010-2011) and the new one to open (2011-2012)....it usually opens in Apr/May

Thanks just_me, but I am aware of the re-application process; When I get to the reapplication page to set up my re-app account I get a prompt saying my user name is not valid. It shouldnt matter if the cycle has closed so that I can start working on preliminary things such as typing in my classes, perhaps typing out my narrative.. should it?

Oh and one thing to add. There are two options for accessing the re-app: 1) is to enter your user name and password.. I have tried this from my example above. 2) enter your email address associated with the account, you recieve a re-app code... I have tried this as well, but then I get a prompt saying that the user is not a paid applicant.

Well what Im kind of saying is that you cannot apply as a reapplicant this cycle because its still the 2010-2011 cycle....youre really not a reapplicant until this cycle closes and the new one opens in Apr/May.

As a reapplicant your coursework transfers over and you will have the ability to add new stuff and I think alter (i.e. if you had things listed inprogress and now have grades), I THINK you have to do a new PS and they require new LORs....

IF they allowed you to update your PS and such you would only loose that information when they close this application cycle o even if you could, it would be pointless to add new info right now anyway.

Thanks just_me, but I am aware of the re-application process; When I get to the reapplication page to set up my re-app account I get a prompt saying my user name is not valid. It shouldnt matter if the cycle has closed so that I can start working on preliminary things such as typing in my classes, perhaps typing out my narrative.. should it?

Oh and one thing to add. There are two options for accessing the re-app: 1) is to enter your user name and password.. I have tried this from my example above. 2) enter your email address associated with the account, you recieve a re-app code... I have tried this as well, but then I get a prompt saying that the user is not a paid applicant.

As a reapplicant your coursework transfers over and you will have the ability to add new stuff and I think alter (i.e. if you had things listed inprogress and now have grades), I THINK you have to do a new PS and they require new LORs....

Yes.. new PS, as I stated in my initial post I would like to send the same one to the new schools.. (just tailored a little.. this would mean I would simply copy and paste, adjust, and voila), but can I send a second one to the schools I applied to last year (obviously different from the one being sent to the new schools) through the same appy? or would I just have to open another account to do so?

Seems odd that you would be able to apply for the next cycle when their website still has the 2010-2011 cycle up but ok

I know re-applicants from 2009-2010 were able to log in this cycle as re-applicants but I was pretty sure that for people from this cycle youre not considered a reapplicant yet until the new cycle opens but I could be wrong...best to call CASPA tomorrow.

I had the same problem. They do have it set up for the next cycle re-aaplicants just_me. I think it is a glitch right now.

Yeah I saw that in the initial post....

You can only upload one PS.

Not sure about the having two CASPA account thing...financially it wouldnt make sense. The first school you apply to is always 100+ dollars and then each additional is cheaper...if you opened a new account then you would pay that high cost twice (once for each account), twice the transcripts, LORs etc. Whether or not you can even do that is something you might want to discuss with CASPA.

The CASPA PS is very general and it seems easier to just write another and then address your reapplicant status on the supplemental applications.

Yes.. new PS, as I stated in my initial post I would like to send the same one to the new schools.. (just tailored a little.. this would mean I would simply copy and paste, adjust, and voila), but can I send a second one to the schools I applied to last year (obviously different from the one being sent to the new schools) through the same appy? or would I just have to open another account to do so?

NOTE I just wwent through the create your account jazz to see what youre seeing. If you notice it says "click here to start with last years data" how can you start with last years data (which to CASPA is 2009-2010) if you didnt apply that cycle? Once this cycle closes in March this cycle (2010-2011) will be last years data. If you notice where it says "before you begin" the first bullet says:

This application will be active for the 2010-2011 application cycle ONLY! The application cycle will run from April 2010 to March 2011. Read the instructions and frequently asked questions BEFORE you begin an application.

That means if you try to create a reapplicant account now, you trying to do it for the 2010-2011 cycle using 2009-2010 data---now if this is what youre trying to do then cool BUT if youre trying to apply for 2011-2012 using your data from 2010-2011, that application is not open yet so you cant start it if its not there

wish I could say it was new but Im fairly certain it was there when I started my app this cycle.....I remember thinking "cool at least I wont have to re-enter much if I have to reapply"

You are right, I guess I never saw that "Re-Applying" option up there, and just noticed it as of recent. Is it possible that is new??! Wow, my observation skills Suuuuuuuck!!! lol

Yes, it was there this year. Applicants who applied in the 09-10 cycle could carry info over to the 10-11 cycle. Anyone wishing to apply for the 11-12 cycle needs to wait until the new cycle opens to reapply, because you're not a "re-applicant" until the cycle closes. You still have your original application.

Archived