Future Class of 2017

I figured I would get this thread started.  I'm a UKPAS 2017 class hopeful and I'm still waiting for verification on my application. If any wants to discuss anything, please do!

One question...I'm not yet at my 50 hour shadow minimum but I'm trying to get there before August interviews.  I know they only require 25 but do you think your chances will improve if you get all 50 done beforehand? 

• 4 weeks later...

I just had an interview Wednesday at University of Charleston. University of Kentucky is one of my top choices, as is University of C. I have also submitted to South in Savannah, but other than "will be reviewed" I have not heard anything. The theme here is that I want to live somewhere that isn't so cold and snowy!

I just graduated from Cleveland State with a degree in Health Science. In my former life I was an Ultrasonographer, but started out in Radiology as an x-ray technologist with the USAF.  This is also my first time applying.

I am really impressed with the UK program and especially the Morehead campus.I am certain that the program had tons of applicants, so I am excited to get an interview!  Hope the next few weeks go by quickly!

Congratulations to all three of you who got the interview! Best of luck on the big day next week!

I wonder if anybody else is still waiting for an invitation?  I've been waiting for one since two weeks ago. But I am afraid all the invites have probably already been sent out by now.

You just made me nervous kctek! I creeped your post history (sorry) and saw your stats you previously posted and they looked really good. Did you ever talk to the advisers and find out what put you on the alternate list?

arizzle and jmurph,

yes I talked to the admissions officials at UK and they were really helpful in advising how to improve for this cycle, including being more relaxed and confident during the interview.

Laurasia,

Thank you and hoping that you have success this year in your applications. My understanding was that all invitations to interview are sent out within the same week, so it's unlikely others will be invited for this program from now on...

Congratulations to everyone who got an interview. I look forward to hopefully meeting you guys!

I received my invite to interview on August 14th at 8 AM on July 24th. I was absolutely overjoyed! Will anyone else be there on that day and time?

Laurasia & RS_PAhopeful,

I know a girl who just received an interview invite today. I'm not sure whether it was just a delay or what, but I wanted to let you know. Good luck guys!

RS_PAhopeful,

My application in CASPA was completed on July 10.  I will have to be earlier next year. 

kctec, 

Thank you! You're probably right. The chance for getting an interview now is slim. 

Imchel, 

Congrats! Also thanks for sharing the information! 

• 2 weeks later...

During my academic interview, I felt that they did not have my resume or application on hand.  I was given introspective questions that were thought provoking and challenging for me personally because they were topics I had never thought about before.  I don't think I did as well as I had hoped.  I was not prepared because I had assumed I would get personal questions based on what I had written on my CASPA and resume.  Time to look at my back ups haha.  

The group interview was a ton of fun for me.  It was also something I did not expect but I enjoyed it.  I wonder how they graded it.

I have heard feedback from a few people who interviewed. Many said that their interview was very conversational and questions were asked based on their application and experience. Mine was slightly conversational but I did not have many questions based on my application. I think it went well though. The group interview was fun! I said that I would go to morehead or lexington campus, so I would be ecstatic if I got accepted to either one! I wish everyone goodluck! Hopefully we will know soon!

FYI if anyone is looking to attend morehead let me know if you are interested in living there. I have been looking at some housing options there, but it seems like it is mostly word of mouth and I would need to go visit to pick a place. Once they send out acceptance letters, I think they make a facebook group for us. I will probably post on there if anyone is looking for a roommate!

I also thought the questions were very introspective (and some a little vague) and very few of them actually seemed to pertain to my application or the program. I didn't really flow through them as well as I had hoped to.

sustop- It is my understanding that you have to choose between the lexington or the morehead campus from the getgo on caspa. So if you interviewed at lexington you will only be considered for that campus and if you interview at morehead you would only be considered for it. Either way good luck!

In regard to acceptance decisions, it was my understanding that they wanted to have the letters out by the end of the week, but since they weren't really sure about the logistics in some other departments, that we should give them till the end of September (at the latest).  I think this is just because they said that acceptances will be mailed USPS and they don't want a bunch of calls to Julia.

Archived