2014-2015 Cycle

@aneshi Yes! Mention it! Because I think they ask a question about healthcare experience right? Either way, employment is listed on CASPA. List all extra-curricular activities like organizations, clubs, community service,

leadership positions, sports, whatever makes you stand out as an applicant. And badminton & dance are very cool!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@aneshi Yes! Mention it! Because I think they ask a question about healthcare experience right? Either way, employment is listed on CASPA. List all extra-curricular activities like organizations, clubs, community service,

leadership positions, sports, whatever makes you stand out as an applicant. And badminton & dance are very cool!

@ rachiehayes:

I really appreciate your response. I will mention it as u suggested. Thanks alot. I was about to submit my application.Thank God I read this.U r a true savior..lots of love...:))

• 3 weeks later...

For verbal I got a 155 the first time, and 157 a month later.
I don't know the indepth details of the base line score needed for Baylor's program, but if I were you, I'd look at my score with a critical eye and some perspective:

a) if I didn't meet the specific category requirement, did I at least achieve the overall requirement??? and if I managed the latter, am I satisfied with that? (for instance, perhaps I got a 151 on verbal, but my quantitative score was in the 90+, and when added together, the overall requirement was met. am I happy with that? or unsettled by the uneven results?)

b) how is the rest of my application? would I need a higher GRE score to counter-balance the fact that my HCE/GPA/LOR are somewhat lacking?? or is the rest of my application so stellar that a GRE score is more like a formality than a true test of qualification?

c) if I do decide to take it again, knowing myself and my study habits, could I do better? do I want to show the programs that I am applying to that I can achieve the bare minimum? or do I want to show them that the bare minimum wasn't good enough for me, and that I can do better.

I went through all these questions after I took the GRE for the first time; my math score was abysmal, but my writing score was 93. My #1 program said that the minimum was overall 300, but the average was 308. After much thought and feedback from others, I took it again. I wanted to show the program that squeaking by with a 301 wasn't good enough for me when I knew I could do better. So 1 month later. I boosted my score to meet that 308 average (cuz I actually studied this time!), but my writing score went down from a 5 to a 4. Despite that, I feel more confident that my application is the slightest bit more competitive. Because what I figured (and what others had conveyed to me) was do I want to show the admissions committees that I am apply knowing I just did the bare minimum, or do I want to apply showing that I personally strive for excellence.

To all those who have applied in Baylor Health, would you mind sharing your (Verbal part) Gre score? The requirement is 153... Do we really need to have 153 and above in it to get an interview?? I would really appreciate your candid response. Thank you.

Does anyone know if they look at trends in your grades/transcripts, or do they just look at the final cumulative GPA.  The reason I ask is because my first two semesters in college about nine years ago were pretty bad for a number of reasons.  I then joined the Marines, and for the past four years after getting out I have only received about four Bs, everything else has been As.  My GPA is still decent, I guess I'm just hoping they notice the improvement in my overall ability as a student.

• 1 month later...

FYI- from Ms. Adams with admissions:

Interviews are not scheduled until the January 2015. Invites for interviews should go out by the second week in December.

Thank you for posting this update! I was wondering how much time they allow between interview invites and the January interviews. Good to know with figuring out airfare hopefully.

Archived