2014-2015 Cycle

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chabis77 .....I was thinking of staying because I have never been to the area. Do you know anything about Houston?

I'm assuming you'll be staying near the med center where BCM is, which is really close to our zoo and museum district if that type of thing interests you...if you want to do more than that be prepared to drive a lot, it's a big city with lots of freeways:) The galleria mall is a place some people like to go, it has a lot of stores (fancy and regular) and an ice rink, and i know out of town relatives always want to see nasa and the kemah board walk....that's the generic tourist stuff

I haven't heard anything, either. Have you guys tried logging into your supplemental application? I wasn't able to login to it. Wondered if other people were? I'm just starting to worry there was an error in processing it or something, but it does make me feel better that other people haven't heard, too. I'm going to call on Monday, but I'm thinking they're probabaly closed until January.

I still haven't received a rejection letter or interview invitation. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'm in the same boat. I figure (or, I'm hoping?) that we might be subs for ppl who decline an interview. I checked last year's, and there were invites sent as late as Dec 30th.

I'm assuming you'll be staying near the med center where BCM is, which is really close to our zoo and museum district if that type of thing interests you...if you want to do more than that be prepared to drive a lot, it's a big city with lots of freeways:) The galleria mall is a place some people like to go, it has a lot of stores (fancy and regular) and an ice rink, and i know out of town relatives always want to see nasa and the kemah board walk....that's the generic tourist stuff

Thanks jessi_12....I am staying near BCM and may or may not have my dad tagging along which will more or less dictate what we will do. I appreciate the tips!

For those who haven't heard back yet...

I called BCM today and they said that there is an "alternate list" which is basically a waiting list for interviews. I'm not sure how many people are on this waiting list, but if you give them your last name they'll tell you what spot you are (Ex: I'm 23). So say 23 people out of 180 interviewees decline their interview spot for some reason, or do not respond in time, then I would have a chance to interview.

I just called to find out if I'm on the alternate list. The receptionist said that not all the invites were sent out last week, and the rest would be sent out today. Then she told me she could look me up and let me know. Didn't get an interview. Oh darn. Good luck to the rest of you.

Archived