Application Cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol no i didn't hear back xD sooo anxious to find out the verdict though!  i didn't really hear about it either...just found out through google :P 

I'll call Sheila tmr to find out...it'll be so cool to have even more space with this expansion, but i doubt they'll finish it during our year! 

If you read in the past cycle forums on here, ppl have said that's what Sheila has told them too...but it eventually turns out the accepted ppl get a phone call :P I think Sheila's trying to add her element of "surprise" to the acceptance each yr lol 

In any case, I really hope it's not be snail mail! 2-3 weeks seems like forever!

sjaffe2's post:

http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/285-interview-for-class-2012/page-4

prepa11's post:

http://www.physicianassistantforum.com/index.php?/topic/8008-anybody-accepted-into-lemoyne-class-of-2015/

Talked to Sheila and she said that we won't use the space on that side of the expansion. She said that for anatomy, simulation, pbl...we will all be divided in groups around 9-10 ppl at a time. The clinical medicine/pharmacology and other classes where we are all together...we will be using the huge classroom next to the room that we first came in for the interview . There is also enough rotation sites and they have set rotations for all 75 of us as well!

Hello guys! This is Jennifer (of Portland, Oregon) from the January 8th 2015 Le Moyne interview. I'm leaving this message to any of the interview participants that would like to stay in touch as we await news from Le Moyne and possibly continue the process of getting into a PA program! I had a fantastic time meeting you all and greatly appreciate the awesome night out on the town that I got to share with some of you! Looking forward to keeping in touch! Thanks! :-)

Well I contacted Shelia the next day following the interview. I realized it wasn't mentioned when one would hear back regarding decisions. She said we will be notified via US mail within 2-3 weeks. However, after talking to some other candidates from previous years, accepted applicants are contacted by phone. So they thought she was attempting to add a bit of a surprise to the accepted candidates. 

But I was thinking that it would be really influential if we both made it to Le Moyne and maybe we could potentially push for the curriculum to add a mental health/behavioral health component to PA/med curriculum at the local or state level. Just a thought Ms. Jennifer!

Best wishes to you!

Britt

Absolutely!!! I LOVE the way you think!! I'm so excited to be joining the PA profession at such a dynamic time when our country is finally acknowledging that we are in a mental health crisis!! I feel terrible for all the vets coming back with debilitating PTSD but can't get into the VA for months! Mental health IS physical health and NEEDS to be supported! (Not that I have an opinion on the matter or anything! Haha!) ;-)

I'm keeping all fingers and toes crossed that we get some great news from Le Moyne soon!! :-)

Archived