• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just received an email from WSU:

Dear Didymus

Greetings from the Wichita State University Physician Assistant Department!

We have received your application from CASPA.  Your application will be evaluated and you will be contacted regarding your eligibility in the coming weeks.   If you are found eligible you will be sent a link to the supplemental application with a deadline for submission.

Application to WSU’s Graduate School is a separate process from the CASPA application, and is required to be eligible for interview! It is the responsibility of the applicant  to see that all transcripts are sent directly to the WSU Graduate School.  Applications must be submitted no later than November 1, 2014.

Final acceptance into the WSU PA Program is contingent on acceptance by the Graduate School.

Please read any communication from the PA Program very carefully and ensure that your email will recognize physician.assistant@wichita.edu as a "safe sender".

Thank you for your application.   Please contact physician.assistant@wichita.edu if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Debra Purdy
Admissions Director

It's nice to get some communication and see that things are moving forward. 

So at the information session yesterday they said they were just very backed up. 

Debra said it takes around 30 minutes to review an application, and they have well over a 1000 already with two weeks left until deadline.  She has also had to shift attention from applications to the students coming back from rotations which has taken a chunk of time.  Basically, they will get to our apps in plenty of time to get our supplementals in by the Nov 1 deadline.  Also, she says she is getting a ton of calls and emails asking about supplementals.. They are coming, just be patient.

Is that to see if they are all the same? I don't understand the purpose of posting that.

It helps applicants be better prepared by knowing the types of questions being asked. It can even help tremendously with interview prep because it provides a broad perspective on the specific information and details important to the program.

This is a very common practice on SDN for medical/dental/vet applicants. It can be quite helpful.

Hello All. I have a question to all those who have received the Supplemental App. I received an e-mail saying I met the minimum criteria, etc. and the link to the Supplemental App. would arrive in 24 hours. This was three days ago...it sounds like from everyone's comments they're a bit backed up. Did anyone else have a delay between the first e-mail and the e-mail with the link to the Supplemental App? I made sure it wasn't sent to my junk/spam folders...just thought I'd ask if anyone had any similar problems!

Hello All. I have a question to all those who have received the Supplemental App. I received an e-mail saying I met the minimum criteria, etc. and the link to the Supplemental App. would arrive in 24 hours. This was three days ago...it sounds like from everyone's comments they're a bit backed up. Did anyone else have a delay between the first e-mail and the e-mail with the link to the Supplemental App? I made sure it wasn't sent to my junk/spam folders...just thought I'd ask if anyone had any similar problems!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the link to the supplemental is actually found on one's CASPA profile under the "My Programs" link. You should see a green arrow next to WSU that will take you to the supplemental.

That link takes you to their website where you can fill out the grad school app but there's an additional program specific supplemental app that is only sent to applicants the program is considering for advancement to interview

I don't think that's accurate, @arosswoods--maybe you had a different experience, but here is a screenshot from my CASPA Programs page:

25tyc5g.png

This says that the arrow will direct the student to the supplemental. Since I haven't been contacted by WSU yet, maybe they are not using the arrow function, but I at least wanted to show the instructions on CASPA for how to access it.

---EDIT----

However, after looking at the program information packet from WSU, this is what it says:

2cy5d06.png

So it appears the arrow IS used for supplemental application access in general, but WSU, in particular, will be emailing a link to theirs.

Mystery solved.

Archived