CASPA 2014-2015

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just interviewed a few weeks ago.  I won't talk details, but I will tell you they will not have you sitting around, so be prepared to be on your toes.  .  

You have to be able to demonstrate how much you know about the profession as a whole, this will help prove your seriousness about being a PA.  Know the role of a PA in a healthcare team and in the healthcare system.  Touro is very serious about public health, hence the MPH.  Know PA current events such as legislation involving PAs.  Shadow PAs, join and read articles from CAPA/AAPA, and be familiar with other PA organizations. This will show that you truly want to be a PA and not just exploring because you read how great it is to be a PA.

The second piece of advice is be excited that you are there, be yourself, and have fun.

Just in case you were wondering, I was accepted into the program!  So good luck to you and never give up.   

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys my secondary is due in a couple of days and before i turn it in i wanted to ask if you guys wrote a lot for the questions, like even if the answer to the question was no? i know it sounds stupid but i figured i might as well get some feed back.

I literally wrote "No." to the ones that did not apply to me, which were most of the questions in the first portion.

No problem. Honestly I don't think it matters... my first answer was one long paragraph and for the rest of the questions I had several shorter paragraphs for each. Hope this helps!

I agree, I believe quality substance is what matters in your paragraph not length.  I have asked people who reads these applications and they do not like unnecessary fluff.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how many interviews they hold or when they send out rejection letters? I emailed Ms. Bible and was told my application is still under review, but its almost February and I'm getting nervous!

tentatively the last interview date is 3/23 so there is still time! I was only told 5 days before my interview that I had one! 

Archived