start 2015 (class of 2017)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all! I also received an interview for March 13th (my application was complete in November), I was curious if people who have already interviewed could give some advice for the interview and if were accepted what their stats were? 

@udyj my overall and science GPA were 3.5, and I had a 315 GRE, I didn't have much direct patient care experience so that is what I am the most nervous about... I have quite a bit of shadowing though. Anybody know how large the role of direct patient care experience plays?

Thanks and good-luck to everyone!

I got accepted today. So excited to be in the program and look forward to meeting everyone at orientation in September!

My GRE was only a 301 with a 3.5 on writing. I had a 3.79 under grad GPA but I honestly think my references, background, and the group interview are what played the biggest role for me.

My group interview was probably very different than the other groups. One of the people who was supposed to be interviewing my group was not there so the dean took their place. He literally drilled our group for 40mins straight. 4 people to a group and each person will be the first to answer at some point. I had a really good experience even though it was nerve racking. If anyone has more questions please feel free to email me at jande100@utk.edu

Really looking forward to starting in October!

I interviewed Friday and was accepted! The group interviews were all so different from what I heard. It all depended on who was on the panel. My GPA was 3.6 and my GRE was barely over 300. I also believe my letters of reference and rigor of classes I took in my undergrad played a large role in my acceptance. I look forward to meeting everyone in September!! Best of luck to those still in the process of interviewing.

My group interview was very relaxed!  I actually have had individual interviews at other schools, and I liked the group interview so much better.  It seemed so much easier because we were all nervous together I guess.  The faculty who interviewed my group of four were very nice and laughing and joking so my nerves went away pretty quickly.  The interview questions and writing sample were just get to know you know questions so don't stress.  Everyone gets to answer the same question, and the faculty will tell you who will answer first.  They just do it randomly through each question.  My experience there was great!  I loved the school, the faculty, and the current students!  Everyone will make you feel very welcome, and they are all very honest!  

I made a 294 GRE with a 4.5 writing.  My overall GPA was a 3.5 and my science GPA a 3.2 (these were the CASPA GPAs).  I also was working 3 jobs all through college, plus a full load of classes each semester.  I had about 2,500 hours of direct patient care which was all in the dental field, and I had about 200 hours of shadowing PAs and NPs.  I also just got a job as a scribe.  If anyone has anymore questions you are welcome to email me: enbaumer@yahoo.com

I can't wait to meet everyone in September!! 

Hey everyone!

I interview 3/13 and am really excited (but also very nervous)! This is my second year of applying to schools and the first interview invite that I've received, so I'm just not as familiar with the whole process and feel of it. Are the group interview/writing portion questions more behavior type (tell me about a time you went through a stressful situation and what you did), traditional (PA profession current issues/why you want to be PA), or situational (what would you do if...)?

My CASPA GPA is a 3.14, GRE 313, 3300 direct pt care hours as a current Derm MA and former home health aide. Bio major/Chem minor at UAB (Bham, AL).

Look forward to meeting those of you who are interviewing next Friday!

Korina

Archived