start 2015 (class of 2017)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@emc2012 and HD90:

Would you guys mind sharing your timeline (like when you submitted CASPA and supplemental) to help give an idea where they are in the selection process?

I submitted my CASPA on 09/18. My supplemental was mailed before then. South College sent me an email the next day stating they had received both.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys know if South gives preference to in-state students?

Oneal is correct, sort of.  While I don't think South gives preference to in-state students, they do give preference to their own students.  Students at South College are guaranteed an interview for the PA program, but again I don't know that the preference goes beyond that.

I interviewed today and was accepted as well. Congrats, @mgriffiths!

It was a really enjoyable interview process, I thought. I'm definitely coming here--loved the students, loved the faculty, and the October start date is really ideal for me personally. I met lots of really nice, outgoing people today that I'm hoping to see at orientation come September!

Good luck to all!! I believe the next interviews are in January.

I was accepted yesterday as well! Like CSCH and mgriffiths, I thought the interview was very informative and interactive. Everyone I met was very nice and made me feel more relaxed. Looking forward to meeting my classmates in September. For those still waiting, best of luck to you! My advice would be to try and interact with the faculty, staff, students, and other interviewees as much as you can and come prepared with any questions you may have. But most of all be yourself and have a sense humor! 

• 2 weeks later...

@wareagle223

They share stats at the open houses, not online. Next open house is in February (see their website on information sessions). And I know of several who applied at the deadline that still got interviewed. If you want to go here, definitely apply. Their last interview session is usually mid-May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As others have stated, anyone who is thinking about applying DO!!!!  As long as you can get the application in by the March deadline it's not too late.  While South College has a rolling admission and with each round of interviews more spots will be potentially taken, it seems they always reserve at least a few for the end.

SO GET THAT APPLICATION DONE!!!!

Hi! For those of you who are worried about a "late" application....You should for sure still apply. I actually posted on here with the same concern about a month ago and I got an interview invite yesterday! That being said, I've already been accepted at another program in my home state so I will be turning down my interview offer. I hope this opens a spot for somebody else :) GOODLUCK to everyone!

Archived