start 2015 (class of 2017)

Hi guys!

Since I'm working on my application now, I thought I'd start a thread. Where are y'all on your applications, and when are you hoping to get them submitted by? Who are you getting your LORs from? How are your grades/GRE scores/clinical hours? And the question I'm probably most interested in: Why did you pick Trevecca to apply to?

I submitted my application early last week. My LOR's are from 2 professors at my school and one from a PA I shadow. My gpa, GRE, and hours are posted in the thread 2014 applicants. As far as why I chose to apply here, well I have a few reasons. First, it's one of the closest schools to me that I have the prerequisites for. Second, I went to an open house and loved it. Third, it is a Christian school and I love that so much! My undergrad is a Christian school so I think the transition would be easier that way. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

I also submitted my application last month.  My letters of reference consisted of one PA which I shadowed, one fellow student who tutored me(now in med school), and my supervisor at the PT clinic which I work.  My GPA is certainly not going to impress, as I am at the 3.25 cutoff.  Just like many others, a carefree freshman year came back to bite me.  I am banking on experience hours, I have 19,000 hours of direct patient care experience.  I also chose Travecca due to the fact that my bachelors came from a christian university.  Good luck to all, and please post if you hear anything.

DJ

I guess I am really going to do this.  My stats are quite odd, mainly that I will be 44 when interviews start.  My degree is in Business Management from MTSU and one semester of graduate MBA.  I just felt a tug from God that this is where I belong.  I have always wanted to do this and never saw it through.  This is a second career for me, I joined the Army in 1992 so a reference letter from an employer was going to be hard until I walked into a small primary care clinic yesterday and told the FNP I was applying for PA school and she gave me a job on the spot!  I walked in the door needing a favor and asking if I could just volunteer and I walked out with a job and the feeling that I was doing her a favor.  I have some pre-reqs to do and I will be starting those at Trevecca next month.  Could have gone back to MTSU but I live in Brentwood and Trevecca is so much closer to home and I will be closer to the PA program.  Good Luck to everyone and hope we all meet next May!

• 3 months later...

While I am not applying for 2015, I was excited to read your post, Mlsiebe. I too have what most would consider "odd" stats. I'm in my late 30's, my undergraduate degree is not in healthcare or science (MTSU alumn) and I spent 9 years working in law enforcement. After an injury ended my LE career, I was forced to do some deep soul searching on what was next. I felt drawn to healthcare for a number of reasons and think PA is a good fit for what I want to do. I'm in my second semester of pre-requisites and have loved the anatomy and physiology courses. I often ask myself "am I really going to do this." I still have a few pre-reqs to do and other boxes to check before applying. Would also love to land a spot to pick-up some solid HCE. I like your method of just walking into a clinic. Travecca will be my one and only choice as I am a Native Nashvillian and my roots are firmly planted here.  

Best of luck for 2015. I would like to hear how it goes for everyone.

Archived