start 2015 (class of 2017)

Hi guys!

Since I'm working on my application now, I thought I'd start a thread. Where are y'all on your applications, and when are you hoping to get them submitted by? Who are you getting your LORs from? How are your grades/GRE scores/clinical hours? And the question I'm probably most interested in: Why did you pick LMU to apply to?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all congratulations of chosing the PA profession. I am currently a student and haven't been on this site for many months. Just decided to see what was going on and saw your post. LMU is the most amazing school for PA's that I can imagine. I toured and interviewed at several schools....and LMU was my 1st choice. I am there now and I simply cannot imagine being anywhere else. The professors are all top notch and really care. The students here....well I can't imagine a better group. We all get along incredibly well and everyone works so hard. The facilites are by far the best of any school I toured. World class is how I would describe them....amazing. I am working harder here than I ever have before. So you have to be prepared and ready to work. They will have us ready for the Pance. As for the town itself....I was alittle concerned because it is so small. Well was I surprised. The area itself I am so sold on. Beautiful area, very quaint. And there isn't really time do alot because of the studies. But we get together often as a group to eat, play and enjoy ourselves. I can't go on enough about my experience so far....and LMU is the best decision I ever made. Thankful I got in. Good luck to you!

Looking to apply also, caspa currently being verified. Stats:

oGPA 3.4 sGPA 3.6

GRE: 302, 4.5

LORs from MD, PA, and professor. I have about 600 hrs of combined volunteer, shadowing, and hands on.

Reading Jon9 post should have any applicant excited about the program. Also, their emphasis on early hands on learning and small campus. Going to contact admissions soon regarding pre-reqs before submitting app. Best of luck!

Susan Owens in admissions is a great resource....very helpful and nice. Just be sure to get in your application, etc as early in the process as you can. If you haven't toured LMU yet please do. I may not be on here for quite a while.....so best of luck to you both and just  breathe.....it is a long process. But a very rewarding one. 

In case anyone is wondering, I contacted admissions today regarding the supplemental application. Just wanted to make sure there was no way to submit everything electronically, which sadly, everything has to be sent by mail. The admissions people are VERY efficient I received an email response back within 5 minutes stating not to worry - that applications aren't being reviewed until the end of July! Just a heads up for anyone else in case you were worried the supplement app might be "late" since you have to print everything out and send by mail.

Hey guys, 

I am a student at LMU-DCOM PA program. The first interview of this year will be held on September 12th. I'm pretty sure the interviews go all the way into 2015 for the graduating class of 2017. The interview process is very relaxed and the faculty and students are so welcoming and friendly. It is definitely a great school to be a part of. Best of luck to all of you! Hope to see you on campus for your interviews!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I interviewed last Friday, and I thought I'd share my experience. If any of you were there, hi and it was great to meet you!

The interview was a very relaxing experience overall. I haven't done any others yet, so I can't make comparisons, but I really enjoyed the process. The day began with us introducing ourselves briefly. Then various faculty members gave presentations, giving us an overview of the school, in depth explanations of the didactic and clinical years, and financial aid info. They accepted questions throughout. Then we were called one by one to have individual interviews. These were conducted with two faculty members, and lasted between 10 and 20 minutes each, depending on who you got. The interview was very relaxed. They asked a few planned questions, but also seemed to want to chat. Following interviews, we had lunch, and then a tour of the facilities (very impressive). Then we all got a second individual interview and the day was over. I felt like the interviews were extremely brief, but I was told this was done deliberately. Everyone there was very nice and really worked to make you feel at ease.

...But I'm still plenty nervous waiting for the next step!

I interviewed last Friday, and I thought I'd share my experience. If any of you were there, hi and it was great to meet you!

The interview was a very relaxing experience overall. I haven't done any others yet, so I can't make comparisons, but I really enjoyed the process. The day began with us introducing ourselves briefly. Then various faculty members gave presentations, giving us an overview of the school, in depth explanations of the didactic and clinical years, and financial aid info. They accepted questions throughout. Then we were called one by one to have individual interviews. These were conducted with two faculty members, and lasted between 10 and 20 minutes each, depending on who you got. The interview was very relaxed. They asked a few planned questions, but also seemed to want to chat. Following interviews, we had lunch, and then a tour of the facilities (very impressive). Then we all got a second individual interview and the day was over. I felt like the interviews were extremely brief, but I was told this was done deliberately. Everyone there was very nice and really worked to make you feel at ease.

...But I'm still plenty nervous waiting for the next step!

@CSCH Glad to hear you had a good experience! Did they ask any behavioral/ethical questions?

They asked me to describe how I deal with change and to name a life-changing event in my past, so yeah, sort of. Someone else told me he was asked to name an example of a time he was faced with something outside of his control and explain how to dealt with it. No ethical questions I heard about.

I can echo what CSCH has said regarding the interview process. It is very relaxed and the time spent actually being interviewed is less than 30 minutes. I would add that the student ambassadors present are a great resource and very forthcoming about the program and and the logistics of attending PA school.

Good luck to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived