start 2015 (class of 2017)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The interview was really laid back. I know everyone always says that about interviews, but its true. WF has an all day interview...the morning is pretty much informational, learning more about the program and having a chance to sit in on an IBL session with current students. Then in the afternoon there are 2 group activities, an individual interview and an opportunity to virtual tour with Boone campus and learn more about the satellite campus. It has been my favorite interview so far, the staff and students are wonderful! Good luck!

Those of you who have interviewed, or know the answer to this please chime in! :) Where are most of the rotations for the program done? Are most of them associated with the medical center? And how far should we expect to travel to rotations (if they are not out of the area ones). Lastly, are there options for out of state rotations?

Good question. Actually this was one of the best parts about Wake Forest. Of all of the rotations 5 have to be local (defined as within 50miles of WF), 1 has to be done at the Medical Center. WF has rotations set up in every county in NC and some in SC and if you are sent to those, they will provide housing. Out of state- they have one in every state except North Dakota right now I believe but you are responsible for housing. They currently have 2 international rotations and are working on more. Hope this helps!

I will chime in on the question of rotations as well (I just graduated). WIPANC is correct on the 5 local/1 at the medical center with lots of rotations throughout the state. We also had to do 1 rotation in an underserved area (which may have changed?) but much of NC counts as "underserved". I am from Chicago originally and really wanted to do rotations back home which for a variety of reasons did not work out (not Wake's fault). I requested that as many of my rotations be in Winston as my husband was there and did not want to spend many rotations away from him. Wake will try to make this happen for people who are married or have kids but it is not promised. I ended up with 2.5 rotations at the Medical Center (my peds rotation was spend 1/2 inpatient at the medical center and 1/2 outpatient), 5.5 rotations in Winston area (which is a pretty big area but within a 30 min drive of my house), 2 rotations in Greensboro which was a town over and about an hr drive each way, and 1 rotation in Maryland for which I had signed up. Overall, my experience with rotations was fabulous! I had great preceptors and it ended up being a good thing that I didnt have Chicago rotations as we are now living in Boston :) On the housing issue there is free housing for many NC sites that are more rural- but if you plan to go out of state (many of my classmates went to Hawaii or Bolivia) you will need to have your own housing. If you want to come to Boston I will be here but I wont let you guys sleep on my couch! :)

I believe Professor McDaniel said that accepted applicants will be notified the last week of October.

Does anyone remember if they explained what happens if you do not hear on that last week? If you are not accepted from your interview group right away are you automatically wait listed? Or do you still have a chance to be called later on...

Good luck! I would give them some more time and then give them a call- someone on the feed said that they called Elise and were given their status! From the looks of the forum not too many people have received calls yet.

Thanks and Congrats!!

I had a friend accepted today as well! Congrats to all the new soon to be Wake PAs! @ Emilycolli- in terms of interview questions, every interview is different. Different applicants get asked different questions. To give specifics would be akin to violating the honor code at Wake. My year they interviewed 160 of us for th 64 spots. I believe they have upped that number because of the other campus but to be honest I am not sure how it is being handled. I would assume the numbers would hold true though- they will interview around 200 people for the 90(ish) spots so once you get an interview you have about a 50/50 chance. Congrats again to the class of 2017!

Archived