CASPA 2014-2015/Class of 2017

I believe there were 18-20 of us. It was really laid back, don't be nervous! The faculty is incredibly friendly. We were given breakfast, then a tour of gambet, then we were divided so we could do the writing assignment, a finances overview with Dr. Stuart and two interviews, each one on one with a faculty member. Afterwards we got to observe a class, and then have lunch with some current P1 students. 

And for those interested in my stats: 
CASPA application verified: May 12th
DeSales received my applications: May 12th
Interview invite received: June 5th
Interviewed: July 15th
Accepted: July 18th

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to everyone who have received interviews as well as acceptance!

I found out about two days ago I will be having an interview on September 30th (so excited!)  Anybody else interviewing that day?  Looks to be the latest I've seen so far (hopefully not a bad thing!)  Then again, my CASPA was not verified until the end of June.

PA2B1983 if you don't mind me asking, when did you have your CASPA verified? I'm still waiting for an interview invite…

I applied through CASPA on 06/07. Desales verified my application on 07/08. I received my interview invite on 07/24 via email for 09/08. Good luck!

Congratulations to everyone who have received interviews as well as acceptance!

I found out about two days ago I will be having an interview on September 30th (so excited!)  Anybody else interviewing that day?  Looks to be the latest I've seen so far (hopefully not a bad thing!)  Then again, my CASPA was not verified until the end of June.

Congrats on your interview! I am also interviewing on September 30th. This will be my first time visiting Pennsylvania (from GA) and I'm thrilled! Good luck everyone and I look forward to meeting you all that day.

Congrats to all with interviews and acceptances!  I am a little late in the game as far as my CASPA verified application - July 15th

So obviously I am still a part of the waiting game. 

I was just wondering for those of you with interviews or acceptances, did any of you have less than the 500 hour minimum HCE?  I know it is the weak spot of my application.

Thanks!

Congrats to all with interviews and acceptances! I am a little late in the game as far as my CASPA verified application - July 15th

I was just wondering for those of you with interviews or acceptances, did any of you have less than the 500 hour minimum HCE? I know it is the weak spot of my application.

Thanks!

Hi JPA. I had accrued 1300 hours when I submitted my application and currently accrue 27 hours a week.

The website states that the 500 hours must be complete prior to matriculation, but are not required when the application is submitted. However, they did recommend having 50% of the hours completed at the time of submission.

Congrats to all with interviews and acceptances!  I am a little late in the game as far as my CASPA verified application - July 15th

I was just wondering for those of you with interviews or acceptances, did any of you have less than the 500 hour minimum HCE?  I know it is the weak spot of my application.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat as you!  Mine was verified on the 21st and I submitted the 16th. As long as you have 500 accumulated before you matriculate, you should be okay.

J PA App,

I have less than the 500 hours at the moment. However I was recently hired as a physical therapy tech and let them know my plans for the next several months, so by time of matriculation I will be hopefully way over the requirement.

Thanks, this definitely gives me hope.  I will definitely have the 500 hour minimum by matriculation, I just wasn't sure if they weeded out applicants with low HCE as so many schools do.

No, they state a firm minimum of 500 hours. They didn't accept anyone last year with less.

The firm 500 minimum is prior to matriculation, which will not be a problem.  Sounds like they are offering interviews to applicants with less - that was my main concern.

Thanks

Archived