Application cycle 2014-2015

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone remind me what the supplemental application entailed? It feels like forever ago and honestly they all run together, but I want to be prepared in case they ask about it in the interview. Thanks!

It is the one that took me the longest:D But the main essay was describing an experience of personal significance...and how it helped you to grow as a person. There were some optional questions like explaining any gaps in employment or education and if your academics reflect your abilities. Does that help?? In my interview, they did not directly ask me about my supplemental application but it would be a good idea to review it. Good luck!

I interviewed last year and will again on the 29th, but the interview is not application based.  They know everything they need to know about you as far as what is on paper.  The interview is more behavioral, the will ask questions that are scenario based and see how you answer them in order to determine how you are as a person.  They are aware that you can do the work, that is why you got the interview in the first place.  I hope this helps.

I agree with kdgraham39...they did not ask me anything about my supplemental directly. Most of the questions were behavioral and about my past experiences and involvements. They really want to get to know you further...what they can't already tell based on your applications. There is also a group interview which basically tests how you can work in a group. Other than that everyone was very nice and welcoming. They make sure to get your questions answered and want you to feel like you get a really good idea of what the program is like. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I interviewed on 1/13/15 and received my acceptance email today :) i OBSESSED over these forums during the application process... so hopefully these posts will help current and prospective applicants estimate the time frames for their application/interviews/acceptances.

This has been a three year process for me and i am SO SO happy and grateful to have made it this far. THE BEST OF LUCK to everyone else still in the process or looking to apply in the future!!

For those with upcoming interviews.... I will repeat the same that others have already emphasized... be yourself!!!! you received the interview for a reason- they already like you! now make yourself shine even more than what was written on paper. emphasize your devotion, passion, and excitement to be in this field and the obstacles you've overcome to make it this far.  Looking forward to meeting my future classmates!!!! :D

I interviewed 1/13 and was accepted on 1/21! So unbelievably happy :). On my interview day, Wendy said decisions will be made by Feb 1st, so I believe you all should hear back the first week of Feb. I don't know if that applies for those being rereviewed, but adcom seems to make acceptance decisions pretty quickly. Best of luck to all!

mxs, I got the 're-review' email. I interviewed in November.

I did as well. I wonder when we will hear back?

I am thinking if they are rereviewing us, they will do it at the same time as the last admissions meeting - so if there are new interviews next week still, their last meeting will probably be on Friday 1/30. If they notify us similar to past notifications, I would think we'd know by Wednesday 2/4 if we're accepted. I think acceptances come by email & rejections by snail mail. So hopefully only two more weeks of waiting. I interviewed in October. I have been accepted elsewhere but I haven't entirely given up hope on being accepted to Duke. This waiting period has been intense!

Archived