Application cycle 2014-2015

I submitted all my applications by the priority deadline and it still took about 5-6 weeks before I got an interview with no contact within that time. I cannot tell you whether you should contact the school or not. You are going to have to go with your best judgement. I'm sure the process is very efficient since they have been doing this for such a long time. I doubt that your package is "lost".

So you never got the "in review" email or whatever after you got the "application complete" email? and thank you very much for your answer I appreciate it.  I'd be surprised if they lost an application.  

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats!! I got the good news today, as well! Interviewed on 10/27. Looking forward to meeting everyone in August!

Interviewed on 10/30--Received an acceptance e-mail around 1130 this afternoon! Took me a couple of reads and self pinches to make sure it wasn't a dream. Can't wait to head to the East Coast in August!

Congrats to both of you! Would you guys mind posting your stats and applciation timeline??

Congrats to both of you! Would you guys mind posting your stats and applciation timeline??

cGPA: 3.67

sGPA: 3.50

GRE: 154 V (63%), 151 Q (44%), 5.0 Writing (93%)

CASPA Submitted: July 9

CASPA Verified: July 15

Supplemental Submitted: Sept 13

Supplemental Application Complete: Sept 17

Supplemental Sent to Committee for Review: Sept 30

Interview Invitation: Oct 6

Interview Date: Oct 30

Acceptance e-mail: Nov 4

Hope that helps!

Hey everyone! I also interviewed on 10/27 and got my acceptance yesterday afternoon. Good luck to all of you who have interviews in the next few months. I know people say this all the time, but, really, just relax and be yourself. I can tell you that not one of those questions they asked were meant to trip you up. They were all very relevant questions that really focused on the type of person you are. They really just wanted to get to know you. I hope that helps. Good luck everyone!

I haven't heard anything either and mine has been in review for 8 wks or so as well....

I applied and got an email saying that my application is complete and it can take up to four weeks to hear back saying that I'm in review. That email was about 10 weeks ago. Im concerned that it is taking this long to hear back about being put into review, but the email specifically says "do not call for a status check." Any suggestions or has anyone had a long wait time to be put in review?

Any input would be much appreciated

I applied and got an email saying that my application is complete and it can take up to four weeks to hear back saying that I'm in review.  That email was about 10 weeks ago.  Im concerned that it is taking this long to hear back about being put into review, but the email specifically says "do not call for a status check."  Any suggestions or has anyone had a long wait time to be put in review?

Any input would be much appreciated 

My app went into review on 10/16 and I haven't heard anything either at this point.

My app went into review on 10/16 and I haven't heard anything either at this point.

I didn't even get the "in review" email.  I got the email saying they are verifying my application and will send me an email telling me I'm in review in the future.  That email still hasn't come.  I'm worried because no one has had to wait this long just to be put in review.  At least no one I'm aware of

I didn't even get the "in review" email.  I got the email saying they are verifying my application and will send me an email telling me I'm in review in the future.  That email still hasn't come.  I'm worried because no one has had to wait this long just to be put in review.  At least no one I'm aware of

My application was completed on 10/14 - I haven't received an "In Review" e-mail either. Keep in mind that Duke probably receives many applications per cycle due to it being one of the top (if not the top) program in the country and is working hard to keep up with the volume. I wouldn't contact them like stated in their e-mail until after December 15th. Many also probably submitted their supplemental before August 15th to get priority. 

I was interviewed and accepted last year, but my wife and I became pregnant and could not attend.  I re-applied this year and did exactly the same thing and I am waiting to hear if I get another interview.  The process is long so be patient, if you have heard nothing so far than you are good, because I have a couple of co-workers who have applied and they were denied instantly.  I am a local and it is my experience that they want to get the furthest traveling interviewees done first so that they do not have to interrupt their holiday schedule.  Last year I was called up a week before my interview because they feel the locals are more flexible in their schedule.  All in all, it was a great experience and trust in that if you have not heard anything than you are probably good to go, they only interview 12 people at a time 2 days a week, and they have about 90 seats to fill.

Archived