PA vs NP Posting on NP Forum

Thanks to those who responded. surprised it remained civil. 10 years ago this discussion would have been ugly.

Yes. I agree, I am very satisified with the posts from both sides. Respectful. I used to post on allnurses and the NP versus PA threads always devolved into mud slinging very quickly. Some of the posts are still a bit misrepresntative of PA education in my opinion, though. I may have to respond again lol

No one dropped the obvious, that our superiority allows us to bounce around different specialties/fields. ;-) ..how about that np's practice advance nursing, whereas they really are practicing medicine but broke away from ama. CRNA is truly the pinnacle of the nurse world, in my opinion. They heavily earn their respect in my eyes.

Steve PA-C, Maine, urologic surgery

No one dropped the obvious, that our superiority allows us to bounce around different specialties/fields. ;-) ..how about that np's practice advance nursing, whereas they really are practicing medicine but broke away from ama. CRNA is truly the pinnacle of the nurse world, in my opinion. They heavily earn their respect in my eyes.

So say it. I feel like I've said enough already, lol. I have no backup over there!

Using the rn degree as a backbone is silly. Undergrad a/p is a simple course,, and often is a choice for non science majors when forced to take a science to graduate. Funny anecdote...I remember my ex and a friend discussing something about the liver, and they were ADAMANT that it was on the left side. It was very hard to convince otherwise..in hindsight, should of hooked a liver to prove the point.

Archived