Interview Invites to University of Tennessee 2014-2015 cycle!

For anyone that was at the Q&A today (19 June), feel free to ask any questions that you couldn't get in there (we can get pretty long-winded when given the chance). If you don't want to post them here, feel free to message me. 

How many were there today BigOrange? I was told for my interview on the 24 of July that I am GROUP B.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those of you that received interview invites, did you receive a confirmation e-mail stating that they receive all of your materials first? Or just an e-mail with their interview decisions? My application was verified June 13th, but I still haven't heard anything. Thanks!!

For those of you that received interview invites, did you receive a confirmation e-mail stating that they receive all of your materials first? Or just an e-mail with their interview decisions? My application was verified June 13th, but I still haven't heard anything. Thanks!!

I just received an interview invite after I turned my CASPA in. I was verified May 28th and they invited me June 10. 

Do any current students or anyone who knows the area have any suggestions on where to stay the night before interviewing??

I'm sure you will get a couple of answers and it will depend on what you are looking for.  I wanted some place safe and was easy to get to UTHSC from since it was my first time in Memphis. The Microtel in Cordova was clean, safe and convenient to lots of shopping if you need it. It is right next to I-40 and is pretty much a straight shot to UTHSC. Problem is that it is 30-45 mins away depending on traffic, so plan to spend some time driving. I'm sure others will chime in, too.

Just don't stay at the Motel 6 by the school unless you want to up your chances of getting body lice or getting shanked by a drunken homeless man. I personally would recommend either the Holiday Inn on Union Ave or the Comfort Inn in Germantown. As RandomD stated though, plan on giving yourself extra time if you stay out in the burbs.

Yes, I got that email. Bummed that we have to wait another 2 weeks, but from what I saw last year, they didn't make the first round of decisions until all of the June & July interviews were over so it probably won't make a difference regarding decisions. Can't wait to get down there! 

• 2 weeks later...

First acceptance letters are supposedly going out this week.

To others interviewing later... I interviewed July 31 last year and got in on the first group so don't fret too much. I did hear that they had received ~750 apps so far to sort through. 

• 2 weeks later...

When did everyone submit their CASPA? Mine was verified on 6/24 with my GRE scores sent on 7/2 and I have not heard anything from the program. Really hoping I hear something soon! Even a confirmation email would be nice at this point! haha

I would hope that you would hear something soon. If not, I would suggest getting in contact with the admissions coordinator (cjohn101@uthsc.edu). They may be slightly overwhelmed as they have already exceeded the amount of applications they received last year (Well over 900) So in short I guess I'm saying don't panic, but don't let it go without inquiring for too long.

Thanks soxman... I did email the admissions coordinator over a week ago just simply stating I was wondering if I could have confirmation of my CASPA/GRE scores because I never received any correspondence but I didn't get a response. My GRE scores are competitive and I have 8,000 hours of direct patient care. I was hoping to hear something but I am not from TN and I do not have military experience. The only thing I could think of is that they are really looking at people in TN and people from underserved medical communities. But maybe they are working through applications that were submitted before mine. Hard to say. Wish I could hear something good, bad, or otherwise though!

Give them a call. i emailed them on the 13th and received a response next day.

Thanks soxman... I did email the admissions coordinator over a week ago just simply stating I was wondering if I could have confirmation of my CASPA/GRE scores because I never received any correspondence but I didn't get a response. My GRE scores are competitive and I have 8,000 hours of direct patient care. I was hoping to hear something but I am not from TN and I do not have military experience. The only thing I could think of is that they are really looking at people in TN and people from underserved medical communities. But maybe they are working through applications that were submitted before mine. Hard to say. Wish I could hear something good, bad, or otherwise though!

Archived