Interview Invites to University of Tennessee 2014-2015 cycle!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on receiving interviews. And don't worry the interview process too much, just be yourself, no one around here bites (well hard anyway...) As RandomD stated above, looking forward to talking with some of you along the way. Any questions, feel free to ask, we'll try to answer them as much as we can, there's a few of us who check the board from time to time. 

Thanks guys! With work I'm taking the half day before the interview and then flying out so that I am there early the evening the night before. My return flight is at 7P after the interview, which ends at 5P. The school said that was ok as they are sensitive to people flying in and out. Am I cutting it too close?

You should be okay. Several people had flights around 7:00 when I interviewed and they made it back to the airport in time. Traffic gets thick around 5:00, but the airport is not too far away. If you get short on time, you can probably skip the tour if they offer it. There's really only 2 buildings that we have classes in and it's not essential for you to see them. If you have time, go on the tour (if they offer it). It has been raining like nuts here, so bring an umbrella just in case.

Didactic hours will vary. Most of the time you're looking at hours from 9-5. Sometimes 10-5 and sometimes you may even get out as early as 3. Kinda hard to give a straight answer because the class for next year will have a different structure than we did (especially in regards to physiology). As for studying, I would say you should be prepared to spend a good 3 - 4 hours per night during the week and of course more on the weekend (Depending on how the up and coming week is looking). You WILL need to study ALOT for anatomy. If there is one class around here you don't want to skimp out on the studying, it is anatomy. Study that mess as much as possible when it rolls around. 

Hi all, and congrats on interviews! My name's Drew, and I'm another of the first year UTHSC folks. Soxman summed it up pretty well as far as didactic (to this point) goes. The bottom line is that we've worked a lot of major flaws in the program's academic planning out for you. Your experience will be largely different than ours (and I suspect far better). Albeit, I've learned a-hell-of-a-lot The building is 66 N Pauline with a parking garage behind. Use the side door (not the one facing the street). PA offices are immediately on the left when you enter the building. 

A word of advice for the interview: Go in being able to answer WHY. Why healthcare? Why PA (and NOT NP, MD, PT, etc)? Why UTHSC? What (if any) specialties are you interested in (and WHY)?

I'm sure you've all given these types of questions a lot of thought already, so this comes as no surprise.

Anyway, if you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them as well. 

I was a little late in the interview process (August I think? Feels like forever ago), and for whatever reason I had 2 interviewers in one of the faculty offices. Still pretty laid back, but I was glad to have something to hold since there wasn't a table. My group was only 4 interviewees, 2 were 1 on 1. And yeah, no supplemental application. I think they may implement that eventually, but CASPA showed one for me as well. It may be that they send it to you post interview (like most med school interview processes). 

I interviewed in late july and I had the round-table style with 6 faculty members. The advice BigOrange gave is spot on. I don't remember there being and political or ethical questions like I got at other school interviews. Once you make it to the interview, the faculty here are just looking to see if you understand what you are getting into and if you have to potential to be a good student/future PA. 

It wouldn't hurt to like cats either  (sorry, inside joke)

Those of you who received interviews first off congrats and good luck!!

I was going to ask if you didn't mind when your caspa was verified and how long was it in between that time and when you received an interview invite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to ask if you didn't mind when your caspa was verified and how long was it in between that time and when you received an interview invite?

Thanks! Mine was verified May 28th and then I received the invite for the July 24th session on June 10th.

Thank you! My CASPA app was verified 5/2 and I received the invitation to interview via email on 5/23. My interview is this week, 6/19!

Archived