Medical Spanish for Rotations?

A preceptor I have been longing to learn from is now only taking students who are bilingual (Spanish/English) [The rotation is in the Central Valley of CA, so it's not uncommon to expect this]. Do you have any recommendations on how to learn Medical Spanish quickly and sufficiently? Online resources? Apps? Books? I know this is something I need to do anyway if I plan on staying in CA (or the West Coast for that matter). How did you learn Spanish if it was not your first language (outside of an academic setting, preferably)?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey RFoster- Do you know if those rotations in Costa Rica are accepted by all programs/recognized by PAEA? I am really interested in improving my Spanish language skills while in school, because many of the people in my area are Spanish speakers (and likely will be my future patients). I don't think that the school I am attending has much experience with international rotations, though...

Archived