Looking for some thoughts on an urgent care offer in northern NJ.
Multi specialty practice based urgent care. Mix of acuity. We can get stat CTs.
$64/hr = 133120 per year
Hourly not salary
160 hours PTO
0 hours CME days
Mix between 12hr (week day 8A-8P) and 9hr (8A-5P) shifts
4% match 401k
5% annual bonus
Approx 20-30 patient's per day
I have 5 years experience as a PA
Thanks in advance!
Recent new graduate here. I just received an offer from a small private, moderately paced urgent care/primary care office and I have a few questions about some items in my contract. Not sure if the items are reasonable for PAs in my area and looking to get some feedbacks from actual PAs in practice rather than just my parents. Here are a few details of my contract:
- 18 month contract with required 90 days written notice of termination
- 96K salary with bump after completing "training CME" courses paid for by the practice. 17 weeks to complete the courses and salary will increase to 101K
- Productivity bonuses based on wRVUs and charts completed and coded within 48 hours
- PTO accrued based on time worked. Begin accruing PTO 1 month after completing 90 day introductory period. PTO is to be used for PERSONAL DAYS, SICK DAYS, and VACATION time. (contract states that in first 0-3 years I can accumulate up to 100 hrs/2.5 weeks PTO)
- Non-compete clause during employment and 12 months after termination. Cannot engage in primary, multi-specialty, urgent care offering similar services within a 2 mile radius of any clinics. (This can be kind of limiting for me due to the central location of the clinics in the city - I am considering a negotiation for this to be removed or possibly brought down to 1 mile)
- Still need clarification of type of malpractice insurance, but it is offered. (Not sure if I will require tail coverage yet but will be finding out)
- Multiple Heath insurance policies available but not covered 100% by practice. Most expensive policy will cost $162 Bi-weekly for employee coverage (No additional spouse or family coverage)
Additionally, I have a few concerns about orientation and training on site. Currently, both clinics have single provider coverage with experienced NPs. Will be asking tomorrow about my expectations for providing single-provider coverage and working on my own. Was told by employed NP that the providers at both clinics are in constant communication via phone and text. Also assures me that the Medical Director is often on site and always quickly answers phone calls and texts. Medical director seems very eager to teach but I still have concerns about his expectations for me as a new grad due to his experience with mainly experienced NPs.
ALSO, the salary is VERY tempting and I don't want to be blinded..
Thank you all for any help or feedback you can give!
I will graduate in December, and I've just been offered an Urgent Care position in a busy UC clinic in the Midwest. The clinic is based in a growing metro area and after one year I will be expected to see 25+ patients daily. The clinic is comprised primarily of PAs and NPs with at least one physician staffed at each clinic location. 4 to 6 month training period depending on comfort level.
0.9 FTE at 50/hr
3, 12 hour shifts/week and working every 4th weekend.
1.5x OT differential
401k but not matched until one year of service. After one year, employer will contribute 50% of each dollar up to 2% of annual pay. Match is then 100% vested at that time
26 days PTO, unsure about rolling over into the following year
$2500/yr for CME. Employer covers DEA/licensing
$3500 moving allowance
Good health insurance with dental and vision
Malpractice with tail
2 year noncompete at any other urgent care within 5 miles of "home" location (there is opportunity outside a 5 mile radius, so I'm not terribly concerned with this)
Xray, lab on site
No production bonus
Does this look like a solid offer? I would like there to be a productivity bonus, but its not a deal-breaker. I want to ask for 1.0 FTE for the extra assistance in paying back student loans also. Would it be unreasonable to ask for a sign on bonus as well?
Thank you in advance!