2014-2015 CASPA Cycle

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you list for your HCE? I'm also kind of lacking in HCE, but I was given an interview. I, too, am wondering what they're looking for.

At the time of my application, only 400 hours HCE and about 10 months of hospice volunteering. Oh and I went on a medical mission trip as well. Congrats on the interview!

Hi, I'm new here.

I interviewed this last Saturday as well and I haven't heard anything back yet. I thought the early invites went out today and that everyone else had to wait till December/January.

Was I mistaken? Would be awesome to still have a chance for early invite. 

Anyone from Saturday out there, and did anyone already get their notice of acceptance?

Best of luck to everyone.

No word yet. When I spoke to Carolyn at the meet-n-greet, she said there could be about 5 or so who get the early invite. So I figured from a regular session of 30, that'd be 3 or so people per session. For Sept, Nov, and Jan, that'll be 9ish, so let's just say at the end of it all, about 15 ppl get the early invite. Which could mean 2/3 of the incoming class gets picked at the end!!! Not to mention waitlisted folks who do end up getting in as well.

So we gotta tell ourselves to stop freaking out! We've already been lucky enough to make it into the top 10% by getting invited to an interview. Now we just gotta do it again, this time being in the top 28% for a spot. Sounds doable, right? (or at least that's what I keep telling myself)

I am overwhelmed with excitement! Got the call last night and I can hardly believe it! Now just waiting for the official forms in the mail. Does anyone know if a Facebook page has been made for the class of 2017? Congratulations and I can't wait to meet everyone! For those who haven't heard, don't lose hope! I interviewed September 20 and almost fell over when I got the call last night, it truly is rolling admission.

Archived