2014-2015 CASPA Cycle

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you! Congratulations to you also, and maybe we will meet! It's so nice to have this forum to talk to some other applicants.

Also, for those that want to know I submitted my CASPA on June 12 and it was verified June 17. I received my interview offer in the mail on Friday.

Cmarie1392, I know this sounds silly but what was the post mark date for the invite? I recently moved, but forgot to change my address with some of the schools until Thursday night. I'm just curious if I did get an invite when it woude have gone out. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all the new interviewees!  I'm a current student and will be graduating this December.  UTSouthwestern has been awesome to me.  I recall lots of stress, lots of laughing, lots of Redbull, and lots of new friendships.  Lastly, can't forget the death by powerpoint :-P  The faculty are exceptional and have a strong sincere interest in your success as a PA.  I really feel the faculty members are what truly set this school apart from others.  Enjoy the meet and greet, mingle with everybody, and definitely enjoy the interview process.  As you all may know by now it is a totally different beast from the traditional interview settings from other schools.  Although different, I promise you will all appreciate the style of interviewing UTSW adopts.       

Here is my blog I kept through out PA school.  I hope you guys enjoy it.  Good luck and I'll be praying for you all!  

http://pa-sinthedfw.blogspot.com/

Kind regards,

Khoi

Good luck to all the new interviewees!  I'm a current student and will be graduating this December.  UTSouthwestern has been awesome to me.  I recall lots of stress, lots of laughing, lots of Redbull, and lots of new friendships.  Lastly, can't forget the death by powerpoint :-P  The faculty are exceptional and have a strong sincere interest in your success as a PA.  I really feel the faculty members are what truly set this school apart from others.  Enjoy the meet and greet, mingle with everybody, and definitely enjoy the interview process.  As you all may know by now it is a totally different beast from the traditional interview settings from other schools.  Although different, I promise you will all appreciate the style of interviewing UTSW adopts.       

Here is my blog I kept through out PA school.  I hope you guys enjoy it.  Good luck and I'll be praying for you all!  

Kind regards,

Khoi

Thank you Khoi! Current student feedback definitely help us in choosing a school! Good luck to you and your future as a PA!

Kind regards,

Khoi

Thanks for the info, Khoi! :)

Just a heads up for those of you that didn't submit your CASPA app until late August-

The applications from August 15 and up are still not downloaded into their computer system. She said that they're only downloaded twice a week and that they're a little behind. So once they're downloaded, you will receive a confirmation email (and another email a couple days later). The admissions committee are unable to process your app until it's downloaded into the computer, sucks I know.

Hey everyone, 

Super nervous here as my CASPA was verified 6/12 but didn't get the "under review" email from UTSW until 7/22...I'm hoping there's still time and hopefully some good luck in my future. Is that normal to be receiving these emails so much later? Almost all of my other schools sent emails within the few days after verification...any help is  much appreciated!

After registrar downloads your application, you'll receive a confirmation email, then 3 days later a link to fill out a residency questionnaire. I verified my caspa app Aug 22 and JUST received that confirmation email a couple days ago..

I just re-read this and realized you kind of already answered my question. 

I'm also an considered an "international student" and most of my HCE is scribing and shadowing, though GPA & GRE felt fine. But for some reason the nerves are sky high. Hoping that something works out! Anyone in a similar boat?

Archived