2014-2015 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got an email today that they've begun processing my material! They also mention: "The Interview Dates for this admission cycle are: Monday, October 20, Friday, November 14 and Friday, December 19." The wait begins!!!

Received the same email, hopefully we get an interview email. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

The Committee on Admissions has completed an initial review of your application and supporting credentials for admission into the Saint Francis University Physician Assistant (PA) program.  I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to come to campus for a personal interview with the PA program faculty, however at this time we have no openings in the class that will begin at the end of May, 2015.  If you choose to attend the interview, you will have the opportunity to interview for a position on a wait list should a seat become available in this 2015 class.

Well that is disappointing, anyone else get this email?

The Committee on Admissions has completed an initial review of your application and supporting credentials for admission into the Saint Francis University Physician Assistant (PA) program.  I am pleased to inform you that you have been selected to come to campus for a personal interview with the PA program faculty, however at this time we have no openings in the class that will begin at the end of May, 2015.  If you choose to attend the interview, you will have the opportunity to interview for a position on a wait list should a seat become available in this 2015 class.

Well that is disappointing, anyone else get this email?

I got the same email as well, wasn't entirely surprised because I had a friend who said the same thing happened last year.  She ended up interviewing for a wait list position, and could not get a spot in the program.

I interviewed at St. Francis last year at the November date.  The number of spots available depends on the number of undergrad students that make it into the graduate level, which not all do.  It may be possible that at this point, there are no spots, but that could very likely change in the upcoming months.  I believe they said usually up to 15 students are offered a spot and the wait list has maybe 40 names on it, and they always end up taking some people from the wait list.  I was placed on the wait list and offered a spot a couple months later, but I had already accepted a spot at another school.

In general, I think that interviewing is always a good thing.  If you're far and it's expensive, then maybe not.  But I know my second PA interview was significantly better than my first.  At the very least it's really valuable practice and the worst they can do is tell you no and you've lost a day of your life.  At the best, you could get offered a position and go to PA school and become a PA and live happily ever after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I interviewed at St. Francis last year at the November date.  The number of spots available depends on the number of undergrad students that make it into the graduate level, which not all do.  It may be possible that at this point, there are no spots, but that could very likely change in the upcoming months.  I believe they said usually up to 15 students are offered a spot and the wait list has maybe 40 names on it, and they always end up taking some people from the wait list.  I was placed on the wait list and offered a spot a couple months later, but I had already accepted a spot at another school.

In general, I think that interviewing is always a good thing.  If you're far and it's expensive, then maybe not.  But I know my second PA interview was significantly better than my first.  At the very least it's really valuable practice and the worst they can do is tell you no and you've lost a day of your life.  At the best, you could get offered a position and go to PA school and become a PA and live happily ever after.

How was the interview like? Any tips to prepare for it?

The interview was pretty decent.  You spend the morning learning about the program and touring and eating with the students, then have two separate one on one interviews with a faculty member.  It was pretty laid back, or at least my interviewers were.  They were very friendly and engaging and very passionate about the school and the program.  I don't remember any specific questions, but I believe they were pretty general- nothing situational or really on the spot.  Know as much as you can about their program mission and incorporate that into your interview.

There was an essay component.  They asked two questions.  One of them was about which disease you would cure if you could pick only one and why.  I don't remember the other and I don't know if they use the same questions, but just in case, that was one of them.

For interviews in general, the most important thing is to be as relaxed as possible.  I've sat in on a few interviews with my program, and one of the most important qualities is ease of conversing and expressing themselves, and our interviews are pretty similar to St. Francis's.  Good luck everyone!

Archived