Washington State Drops its Draft to Ban PA-Ownership

I participated with a group to update state PA laws. When I presented before the first meeting a malpractice attorney, who sits on the Quality Medical Assurance Board, wrote draft legislation to ban all PA-Owned (or even partially owned) practices like mine.  The few of us who do so, fought back.  As of yesterday this new language was dropped.  Another close call and a victory.

I presented to the law writers yesterday wording that would say( very first step ) that those of us who graduated from Physician Associate Programs, may use the title of "Physician Associate" as interchangeable with "Physician Assistant" and carry all the rights and limitations of Physician Assistants.  The chances of this becoming law is a snow-ball chances in hell.  The PA leaders themselves oppose this wording so it is unlikely the Physicians and Lawyers (and others) on the board would agree.

I think you have a case of energizer bunnies inside you or something..... Where do you get your energy and passion?  

NO matter - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would have been a huge step backwards 

needed to die a quick death.....

Mike

I went to the meeting prior to this one

The PAs on the commission will (IMO) remain opposed until something changes with the state statute, which they are beholden to.

I emailed WAPA about the recent HOD langugage revision and whether they will consider that in advocating any new bill proposals to the state.

I think you have a case of energizer bunnies inside you or something..... Where do you get your energy and passion?  

NO matter - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would have been a huge step backwards 

needed to die a quick death.....

I didn't do a lot. I attended the first meeting virtually. I wrote a "white paper" for the board  members on PA- ownership. I did contact  my fellow PA-owners and one of them sent his SP to the second meeting. I think they got it overturned.

Archived