Current Applicants 2014 (Hoping to be the Class of 2017!!!)

Congrats on landing interviews! The takeaway at this point: if you have landed an interview, the school has identified you as someone who belongs in their program, on paper anyway. They are as eager to meet you. And now they gotta match up what you say in person and how you present yourself to what they have read about you in your app.

There's no one-size-fits-all answer for how to prepare. I went into mine merely with themes or ideas of how I'd answer expected questions. I wanted to be able to talk off the cuff as naturally as possible, and that's the approach that has worked for me for as long as I can remember. Others might practice full-on scripted types of answers over and over until they can deliver those answers smoothly, naturally. Whatever works for you, but don't overly stress about prepping for your interview. I had a couple coffee chat sessions with friends and we went over expected questions and gave each other pointers on phrases/words/ideas maybe to avoid saying or how to say in a better way without sounding overly clichéd or canned. Just try to be yourself and let them see you for who you are. Like I said, at this point they are already impressed by your achievements/application. Don't try to present yourself as something you're not or try to 'fudge' your way through an answer that isn't genuine. They have a nose for smelling BS from a mile away. They want to get to meet you and see what your personality might be like and how you react to a certain type of question and generally see how you talk and present your thoughts as a whole. Lastly, make sure you eat something and are hydrated beforehand so you don't overly stress your nervous system! lol

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PAtoB, 

Thank you for the information.  I have a question that you might not be able to answer but I am going to ask anyways :)  So they sent out some interview invitations for the second session, but do they usually send them all at once?  I have not heard back from them and I am a bit disappointed.  Is there hope for us that haven't heard back?

Thanks for the advice PAtoB! I'm never nervous for interviews, but this one is a different story - any prep tips are greatly appreciated.

Futurepa1129, my CASPA app was verified in early August. I had my supplemental done quite early on (June, I think) but updated it to reflect some work changes at the end of August.

There's still little hope for the rest of us that met their minimum requirements. They sent out 50 invites for the second round but they have up to 75 that they can extend. They're still reviewing and nothing is finalized yet but it will be soon.

Wait, I am a bit confused.  Some people already got interview invites for Oct 24 but someone above posted that they have already sent out 50 this past week and they have 25 more to send out.  So have they sent the remaining 25 out or are they still sending the 50-75 invitations out?

Sorry for the confusion...it was me that posted. I don't believe the 50-75 invites have been extended yet. Heather said 'soon' as of yesterday when I spoke with her. She said nothing was finalized yet and there's still a chance for those who are not on the rejected list. That's about all I know.

Hi muamer9987, I was worried about the same thing so I called WSU today. They told me that Necole would send out a mass email after 6th Oct. to everyone who have confirmed their availability for the interview. So I guess we need to wait till 7th Oct. at least. Hope that helps.

Archived