Current Applicants 2014 (Hoping to be the Class of 2017!!!)

maumer9987 I got the same email and was confused because I received an email on Aug. 21st that said my application was completed/verified and they would be offering interviews in the next 30 days. Now this email this weekend said essentially the same thing, so I wonder if it just means we didn't get an interview for the first date and just have to hope for the second time slot.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its still really early in the game to be discouraged and that everyone should remain positive! We haven't even seen anybody post that they were invited to the second interview date so they might be possible that interview dates could have something to do with the submission date of your CASPA and supplemental.  I did submit my CASPA the last week of May and my supplemental in early June.  As for people asking for individual stats, I feel hesitant.  The few people that may share their individual stats don't make up a statistically relevant sample and for others to judge themselves based on that could stress people out needlessly if the only people that share have applications that have stats that are much higher or lower than your expectations.  The best thing we can probably do is look at their average for the class of 2016 profile:

WSU PAS Class of 2016

Admitted Student Averages:

cGPA: 3.64

pGPA 3.78

GRE: 1684 (older version) no data yet on newer version

Health Care Hours: 2671

While that GRE score means nothing to me since I took the new one (also it doesnt make any sense when you try to use the conversion table) the other stats should be a good indicator of where you stand. Keep in mind these are still only AVERAGES.  For those who requested to hear personal stats I can say for myself that I am above the cGPA, the pGPA, had a 320 on the Gre with a 4.5 writing, and below for total healthcare hours.  Don't forget that this doesn't account for your personal statement, types of healthcare experience, your community service and a bunch of other factors that make you stand out and will make you a killer PA.

I will personally keep my fingers crossed that all the other hopefuls here on the forum get good news!! Stay positive and focus on things that you can do to prepare yourself to be a great interview candidate.

Thank you for all that have posted.  I also got an email saying that they received my CASPA application and that they will inform us in 30 days.  I have a question for the 2 that were granted an interview, did they automatically give you Sept 26 or were you allowed to choose between the 2 interview dates.  Maybe they are informing the people that turned in their application early and hopefully the ones that completed it in July or August will still hear back from them.

Hi everyone, I just came across this blog. I am also waiting for my interview at Wayne. I got the same email from WSU saying that they are reviewing applications.

Like maumer9987 said, I am dissapointed too for not getting the interview in the first round. I turned in my application in july/ August, so not sure if that's the reason why I wasn't considered for the first round of interviews. But who know what they are looking for.

Dissappointed for sure, keeping my fingers crossed.

The ones who got the interview invite, could you tell us if you all applied early, like on May/ June?

I also recieved an email for an interview Sept 26th. That was the date I was given, and wasn't told of any other dates, I only know about other dates from people posting on this forum.  Don't feel discouraged and don't let this forum scare you!  I've been discouraged by reading everyone else's stats and I felt there was no way I had a chance.  I'll do what PAspaghetti did and say that my pGPA and cGPA are lower than the average, my GRE was 314 and I have more hours than the average.  I submitted my CASPA in July so not crazy early.  Don't lose hope!

Hi everyone, I hope I can offer some insight on the interview/email questions. 

I submitted my application on the very last day (which I am NOT proud of, but that's how it worked out this year). My CASPA was verified a week-ish prior to the deadline, but I submitted my graduate application on August 31st. I also received an email last Friday to interview on the 26th. But, I emailed the department to see if I could switch my interview day; I'm in a good friend's wedding in New Jersey on the same day.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the department, but today I spoke with Barbara (the secretary). She confirmed that there is a second interview date, which is October 24th. She mentioned that the lady who schedules the interviews has not scheduled anything for October 24th yet. She also said that their interview process has changed from previous years, and she wasn't sure if the admissions committee will make final decisions after all interviews are complete, or if they will decide as they go. 

That's what I've gathered so far. I hope this has helped! 

Thank you so much for all the information you all have provided for us.  Good luck on the interviews and please let us know how they went and what they consisted of.  For the rest of us, we will patiently wait and good luck to everyone and please keep updating this blog with useful information.  Thank U 

Thanks skhanna and good luck.

For those interviewing I was just wondering what time yours start? I'm at 9:30 am but I know last year there were about 3 groups per day with about 25 people at each so I'm just trying to figure out if that is what they are doing again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just called WSU, they said if you applied close to the deadline then you won't be in the first group. That gave me a little hope, my supplemental application was close to 1 Sep. since I was finishing some pre-reqs. this summer. Also, they told me that the next interview date is 24 th Oct. (like some of us knew already) and the invites would be sent out 2 weeks prior to that.

Hope it helps to understand the process a little better.

Good luck everyone !!!

PAsphagetti, they didn't say anything about acceptance after the interviews nor did they tell me how many candidates were there in the first group. However, they did say that they are sending reject letters as they are reviewing the applications. So again, for all those who didn't get the interview yet but haven't received any reject letter either, that MIGHT be a good sign. That's my understanding, again fingers crossed !!

Please keep updating this blog with any new information, every bit helps:)

You are so welcome Suzi M and futurepa 1129 !! We are in the same boat. I was so discouraged and feeling low about not getting the interview that I decided to call them and find out any more information that I could. Glad I did, at least now we know it's not us but our date of submission. Hopefully, we will get positive news for the next round.

So let's keep our hopes up and try to keep calm:)

I figured right away that it had to be when you applied. Because if they took all the best applicants for the first interview then what would be the point of even having a second interview for the other people that have worse stats. So interviews have to be done at random and they have to be fair. And this is fair because we are all seperated in two groups and I believe that we are all going to find out by thanksgiving. Because I highly doubt they are going to be doing rolling admissions. So good luck to everyone thats come this far. I wish we all can make it in :).

Archived