Interviews For This Cycle!

Guest wilsonct

Not my intent either - but the excitement / emotions can sometimes out weigh the facts. I will desist. Still interested in what you think after your visit and what you decide

Thus far everyone that I know has passed from 2014 (I don't think I can post numbers so I won't, but ask at your interviews!!!). Again, interviews start next week, and faculty and staff will be more than willing to answer and verify any information I have posted. The 42% was the programs first first year. When this year's numbers come out, this topic will be irrelevant. As I said, there is absolutely no doubt all of us will be PAs, all of the future students will be PAs, and that every subsequent class passes at national standards.

As for people applying, ignore this guy. Like I posted before, he seems bitter and probably is not a student; this thread is not the place to post your rants about what you think about a program you aren't enrolled in or have applied to. People are posting here excited to see their accomplishments and hard work pay off through the most important interview of their life. Show a little professionalism bro. If your agenda is making people second guess their decision to apply, post it somewhere else. 

• Upvote 2

Guest wilsonct

I had intended to drop the thread - but can't resist.

Since we live in an evidence based world CJ1800s contention: "Thus far everyone that I know has passed from 2014" means nothing.

Since we live in an evidenced based world CJ1800s contention:  "When this year's numbers come out, this topic will be irrelevant. As I said, there is absolutely no doubt all of us will be PAs, all of the future students will be PAs, and that every subsequent class passes at national standards" is based on whose crystal ball? What possible evidence? None; and therefore means nothing.

If CJ1800 thinks: "If your agenda is making people second guess their decision to apply, post it somewhere else" then CJ1800s contention is exactly right - once in this post - and ~1200 people so far are interested.

Unlike CJ1800, the information posted is accurate, supported by the evidence, and rather than tell you what to think, have suggested to go to interview, ask the questions, and then decide; as any critical thinking adult might.

Here you go WilsonCT; my validated information that "meant nothing"

"The first-time pass rate for the recently graduated Class of 2014 is 100 percent. This is 20 of 34 reported and as new scores are reported this site will be updated."

http://www.bridgeport.edu/academics/graduate/physician-assistant-ms/pance/

And whose crystal ball is this coming from? It's coming from the feeling of confidence from 40 other students in my class.

To everyone else - feel free to message bjennings (our president) or myself - interviews start this week, so good luck everyone!

• Upvote 5

Tips for the interview are legit just he yourself. I know you all have definitely read this 1000+ times but this program interview seriously just wants to get to know you. They tell you the fact you got an interview means that you're ahead of the game and a potential candidate for a position. By the interview process they already know you academic performance and why you want to be a PA but the interview is where they get to know you. I only had maybe one or two questions about being a PA or why I wanted to, the rest were questions to get to know me and see I I am a fit for the class they are trying to fill. I can't stress enough how I stressful it was. Everyone is nervous at first but they engage you in a conversation about you. Who knows you better than yourself? Just be yourself and give honest answers. It was so relaxed I wasn't stressed out at any moment. Good luck to everyone !!

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...