Registering for CASPA well before I'm ready to submit?

Is it okay to register for CASPA early before I'm ready to submit? I'd like to register now so that the people who wrote my letters of recommendation have a place to send them now. Eventually when i'm ready i'll start sending the apps in.

Also, one more question similar question... A few of the schools I plan on applying to DO NOT require GRE. I would like to sign up for those ASAP. Can I sign up for CASPA, send those apps in, take the GRE later, send more apps in to other schools? I'm not entirely sure how CASPA works.

Yes, you should begin your CASPA application well before you plan to submit it. You will need to manually enter every course on all if your transcripts, as well as completing other time-consuming tasks. If I recall correctly, CASPA also takes about thirty days to verify your submitted application before sending it to schools, so allow time for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you should begin your CASPA application well before you plan to submit it. You will need to manually enter every course on all if your transcripts, as well as completing other time-consuming tasks. If I recall correctly, CASPA also takes about thirty days to verify your submitted application before sending it to schools, so allow time for that.

30 days after I get everything completed? Wow, I feel like i'm way behind now. Thanks a lot for all the information! I should probably start on that now.

What about the other question I had? Can I apply to a few places that don't require the GRE earlier before I take/submit my GRE? Then later apply to the other schools that require the GRE? I don't plan on my GRE being a positive part of my application either, so i'd rather not send it to the ones that don't require it if I can.

Wait...what?!?! So once I hit submit, CASPA takes 30 days to verify...and how long does it take the school to get your completed app?!?!

Ok. So if I want to apply to a program with a Nov 1 deadline - not trying to apply super early, just trying to get it in on time. I should hit submit to CASPA by when....October 1? Sept 1??? July 1??????

I. AM. FREAKING.OUT. <insert hyperventilations here>

• Administrator

If you wait until 1 month prior to the deadline, you will not even get an interview at most schools.  Apply no later than "The J's"--June or July--to optimize your chances.  This is especially important at rolling admission schools.

Also, a note on the GRE. Read each individual school's requirement carefully. Some schools (like UW MEDEX) require that you self report your scores on CASPA, like before you submit CASPA, or your application will be incomplete, and others don't care how they get the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes, it takes a while for CASPA to verify your application. Thirty days at most, potentially less than that, if I recall correctly. I believe they check things like the grades you entered against your transcripts [that you had sent to them]. Once your application is verified, schools have access to it electronically, and recieve a paper copy with CASPA's next mailing (every two or four weeks, IIRC).

My advice:

Read the CASPA FAQs.

Create a CASPA profile, and see what the process entails.

Determine who will write your LORs.

Do this all ASAP.

Archived