OHSU 2014 Interviews

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received the call from Ted last night! It seems so surreal. Best of luck everyone, OHSU is a truly fantastic program and the interview process was designed to really get to know you.

YAY, you made it! Congrats, that is truly an achievement.  Did you do the September 10th interview? It's nice to know OHSU is prompt about letting you know if you're in or not.  Any recommendations for me and others who are interviewing in the next couple weeks?

I received the call from Ted last night! It seems so surreal. Best of luck everyone, OHSU is a truly fantastic program and the interview process was designed to really get to know you.

Congrats April! Hopefully lemonhead555 and I will be receiving the same call after our interview next week!

I don't know if it is possible, but I wish I could have felt more relaxed. They just want to get to know you and learn what you will bring to the class. They emphasize that those interviewing with you are not your competition , they want to see that you are a team player and that you value others perspectives and backgrounds. They don't ask you any silly questions about how we should solve our worlds healthcare system. The 1:1 portion is tailored to you and they ask questions regarding your application and so forth.

I felt doing a mock interview was the best thing I did to help prepare since OHSU was my first pa school interview experience.

And yes, I did interview on September 10th.

Best of luck!

I don't know if it is possible, but I wish I could have felt more relaxed. They just want to get to know you and learn what you will bring to the class. They emphasize that those interviewing with you are not your competition , they want to see that you are a team player and that you value others perspectives and backgrounds. They don't ask you any silly questions about how we should solve our worlds healthcare system. The 1:1 portion is tailored to you and they ask questions regarding your application and so forth.

I felt doing a mock interview was the best thing I did to help prepare since OHSU was my first pa school interview experience.

Best of luck!

You know, that is excellent advice... thank you April!

Last call! Anyone else interviewing tomorrow Oct 1? There are a couple of us meeting up tonight in Portland so we know some people before interview day. If you have an interview tomorrow too and want to meet up with us, send me a private message and I'll give you the details!

Yes, I called. They said the tentative date for the meeting is Oct 9. That will include reviews of anyone who has interviewed up until that point. (That last bit they told us at the interview.) If an applicant is not accepted or rejected at that time, his or her app will continue to sit in the review pile for consideration at future monthly meetings. The goal is approximately one round of decisions per month. Good luck to all...

Guest Merlins

Well, I found out today that I've been rejected for a second time.  CASPA was verified on 8/12/14, and apparently everyone is getting notified via email this year.

Congrats to those who have been accepted though.  Better luck for me next cycle...

Archived