Florida EMT-P recert as PA-S2

Hello all. I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. I did a search for this but was unable to find a specific thread about Florida (only NREMT-P).

Any PA-C, EMT-Ps in Florida been able to satisfy recert hours using PA school instead of being affiliated with an service or through a CE broker site? If it's even possible, how did you go about it? As you all know, December is the deadline and I definitely do not want to get audited in the middle of rotations. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm not in Florida.  However, I asked NR when I was in school if they'd accept PA school education for recertification requirements.  There was a bit of back and forth and they ultimately said they'd "review" individual courses if I supplied them with a detailed course description, syllabus and content material.  At the time it seemed to be more effort than it was worth with no indication or even reassurance that some would be accepted for con-ed credit.

I think I remember seeing a comment elsewhere here, I don't remember specifically where, that specified a much more accepting approach from NR regarding PA school education for recert purposes.

It might be worth asking NR directly.  I'd be curious to hear if you get a different answer.

Probably not what you're looking for but I hope it helps.

Archived