• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I interviewed, not on the wait list.  Sad, but they have to pick who they think is best for their program. :( Maybe I'll get in somewhere else, though UNT was top pick. If not, there is always next year!

So sorry about your rejection. UNT is also my top pick and I'm still in the deadly, silent wait!

Would you mind sharing your stats: HCE, GPA, etc. so I can see if I'm heading in the right direction? This was my first year applying.

To those that have been accepted, how long were you given to accept or deny your seat in the program? 

I received the acceptance call on October 2nd, and received acceptance agreement forms in the mail a few days later. We have to sign and mail back the form by October 22nd. So you get roughly 3 weeks to decide!

I received an email on Oct 3rd that the adcom would like to speak to me regarding my application. Previous to that, I had my supp app completed as of 7/29, so there was a good loooong time of no word. 

No idea how many interview sessions there will be. Didn't think to ask when I called them back.

Congrats!

I have an interview for Nov. Is the interview location at 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd? I'm looking for a reasonably priced hotel in the area.

I stayed at Hyatt Place Ft Worth/Cityview. It was $100 per night, but it was SUCH a great experience. The service was wonderful, room was very large, and the free breakfast in the morning was top notch. I was super impressed with it, and it was only a short drive from the school. Good luck!!

For all those still waiting, like myself... I called the program today to find out when the last interview session will be and I was told the 24 of January!! I'm so happy there is still a potential to hear from the program... Fingers crossed!!!

Btw congrats to all who have already been selected ☺

Yeah, I am still waiting as well. I submitted my CASPA mid July and finished my supplemental early August. I would consider myself fairly competitive which is why I am surprised I haven't heard anything back from the program. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope to at least make it for the last interview date!

Good luck to all those waiting and congrats to all those who have been accepted so far!

Hello everyone,

I was offered an interview for Nov 15, the afternoon session, and I am so excited!  However, I haven't heard anything about the structure of the interview yet.  Can any of you who have interviewed this cycle shed some light on the structure of the day for me? Is it group, individual, both?  Any writing sessions or anything like that?

Thanks!

Marissa

Hello everyone,

I was offered an interview for Nov 15, the afternoon session, and I am so excited!  However, I haven't heard anything about the structure of the interview yet.  Can any of you who have interviewed this cycle shed some light on the structure of the day for me? Is it group, individual, both?  Any writing sessions or anything like that?

Thanks!

Marissa

Marissa,

I was also in an afternoon session. We had a boxed lunch provided and were seated at assigned tables with other interviewees, one faculty member and one second-year student. Then we all went upstairs and were given a brief presentation on how the rest of the day would go. We were split off into assigned groups of about 6 led by a second-year student. You'll have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member, an essay, faculty-panel/student-panel Q&A, and campus tour.

Marissa,

I was also in an afternoon session. We had a boxed lunch provided and were seated at assigned tables with other interviewees, one faculty member and one second-year student. Then we all went upstairs and were given a brief presentation on how the rest of the day would go. We were split off into assigned groups of about 6 led by a second-year student. You'll have a one-on-one interview with a faculty member, an essay, faculty-panel/student-panel Q&A, and campus tour.

Thanks so much for your help!

Okay another question...

Did y'all bring a notebook/padfolio with you into the interview with copies of your resume/list of questions/etc?  Or did you go in empty handed? 

I didn't take in a notebook, but I noticed a lot of people that did. I think whatever you'll be most comfortable with will work for you. Good luck! It's such a great school, very relaxed and very welcoming

finished applying this week.  Do I have a chance?

Technically yes, there's still a chance. However there's certainly a high possibility that they won't even get to reviewing your application before either the interview spots or class is already full. And if they do, your application needs to be pretty awesome to standout, an average applicant doesn't have much chance at getting an interview if they apply at the last possible moment, since by that point there isn't a lot of interview spots left and only the best will get them. I suppose you could always call and ask about how many interview sessions are still left. Good luck!

Archived