• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any suggestions as to what to put for W's on my transcript? I can't think of any good explanations without saying "I was young and stupid; I don't remember," or "I was overwhelmed with 18 credit hours." I know the latter one is a BIG no-no. Anyone have any euphemisms to suggest????

Any suggestions as to what to put for W's on my transcript? I can't think of any good explanations without saying "I was young and stupid; I don't remember," or "I was overwhelmed with 18 credit hours." I know the latter one is a BIG no-no. Anyone have any euphemisms to suggest????

I had a W and I just made note in my personal statement that I had some issues with my grades in the past, but that does not describe me as a person nor a student.  I've taken lots of post-bach classes and am about to complete a masters degree and those grades can hopefully overshadow the bad.  It's no guarantee by any means, but maybe it'll give you some encouragement.  So far I've heard back from one school and gotten an interview.  It can be done.

I had a W and I just made note in my personal statement that I had some issues with my grades in the past, but that does not describe me as a person nor a student.  I've taken lots of post-bach classes and am about to complete a masters degree and those grades can hopefully overshadow the bad.  It's no guarantee by any means, but maybe it'll give you some encouragement.  So far I've heard back from one school and gotten an interview.  It can be done.

So for that section of the supplemental app where you have to list the Ws and repeats, under "reason" you just left them blank since you addressed it in your personal statement?

So for that section of the supplemental app where you have to list the Ws and repeats, under "reason" you just left them blank since you addressed it in your personal statement?

No I definitely answered.  I just mentioned in my personal statement that I struggled early and my recent grades show who I am.  As far as the one or two line explanation I think I said had to withdraw due to family issues or I had to withdraw due to my work schedule to support myself and family 

Should I receive an under review email? I receivd the email reminder to complete the supplemental and submit the fee on 6/10. Completed and submitted everything by 7/2 but still haven't heard anything. When I login my to do list is empty and my application status is completed. Should I be concerned?

Should I receive an under review email? I receivd the email reminder to complete the supplemental and submit the fee on 6/10. Completed and submitted everything by 7/2 but still haven't heard anything. When I login my to do list is empty and my application status is completed. Should I be concerned?

Zxychiqa, 

You shouldn't be concerned quite yet. I just attended an open house they had this weekend and a lot of questions were addressed concerning interviews. Basically the earlier you apply the better, right? But Felicity said that it is possible for people to get an interview between now and January. Interviews are scheduled for September, November and January. So your status is bound to stay complete until all interviews have been offered. Hope that helps! 

I would just email them. I attended the open house and they are sooo helpful and willing to answer any questions. I only received an email reminder to complete the supplemental application and never got my login information to look up my status. I emailed Sean Bass and he said once the application says complete, it is under review. 

Still waiting for me. I had 1 interview (alternate acceptance) so far, and 2 upcoming for diff programs.

Torshi, 

What do you mean by alternate acceptance? And for which school are you referring to that does that? Also, if you don't mind me asking what other programs did you apply that you are awaiting interviews?

Thanks

ATSU program director sent me a letter - I guess it's similar to the waiting list - if people give up their acceptance they can pull me from it. I have an interview with st francis in New Mexico and Stony Brook in New York so far. I had the interview in Arizona mid-July already. 

Torshi, 

What do you mean by alternate acceptance? And for which school are you referring to that does that? Also, if you don't mind me asking what other programs did you apply that you are awaiting interviews?

Thanks

Good luck to all applying! I am a first year student and it's so crazy that this time last year I was in your shoes. The earlier you get your CASPA stuff in the better. They do admission on a rolling basis. If you receive an interview be yourself and have fun with it. I know its easy saying that from my side of the fence but this was one of the most relaxing atmospheres of all the interviews I attended. The faculty and staff want to get to know YOU. Its ok to practice your interview answers but you also don't want to sound rehearsed and phony. Just relax! If you get an interview they already know you have the ability to succeed in the program and now they want to get to know the personality behind the application 

I need a peace of mind-

So, this is my first time applying and due to some last minute decisions, I completed my applications a little later than I would've liked. My application is already verified, I'm just missing my GRE which I'm taking on Aug 25th. Even though the deadline is Nov. 1, the rolling admissions thing is scaring me, and I feel like I'm applying way too late. Any thoughts?

Thank you everyone :)

I need a peace of mind-

So, this is my first time applying and due to some last minute decisions, I completed my applications a little later than I would've liked. My application is already verified, I'm just missing my GRE which I'm taking on Aug 25th. Even though the deadline is Nov. 1, the rolling admissions thing is scaring me, and I feel like I'm applying way too late. Any thoughts?

Thank you everyone :)

You can't change the time that you apply in now so don't waste time worrying about it.  Just apply as soon as you can.  

Archived