Pre-req too old only for one school... Retake?

Hi lovely ladies and gents, 

I am applying during this current CASPA cycle, and ran into a dilemma.

Western University in California requires that Chemistry be taken no later than 2007. Be it my luck, I took Gen Chem in 2006. If I'm to take it again, I would take it in Fall and Spring of this year because I'm working full time. I want to submit the CASPA sometime in July because I'm applying to 4 schools with rolling admissions.

Should I bother with re-taking chemistry to be able to apply to Western, or do you think it would look poorly for the other schools I'm applying to? I'm a little bit torn since Western is one of the closest schools to me. 

Thanks for the advice!

It all depends on you if you really want Western.  The other schools won't look at the gen chem badly if you retake it. 

I was in a similar situation back in 2012.  I graduated with a Bio degree back in 2007 and got out of the military 2012.  My a and p was still good for Western, but not for other schools.  I re took micro in the summer since that was 8 yrs old expired and took gen chem 1 in the fall that was 10 yrs expired.  I got accepted to Drexel in Philadelphia in late August and didn't want to do gen chem 2.  I couldn't drop gen chem 1 because I didn't want a w on my transcript.

Depends where you really want to go.  I wanted out of California and wanted the best education out there.

Archived