• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

price is over $46,000 if I am reading correctly.....

$852/credit

54 credits....

is that typical?

Ventana...

EMEDPA is referring to the FREE GMHS course at WIMHRT...

COST:  This is a free training, offered by the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery of the Department of Social and Health Services, in association with The Washington Institute for Mental Health Research & Training (WIMHRT), of the University of Washington.  

And YES ... ~$650-$1000/cr-hr IS fairly typical for a Doctorate Degree....

And.....back to the original topic.

A position opened in the local VA emergency department.  Top end pay is average for this area:

Full (Less than 2 yrs experience) - $47,923 - $62,297/annum

Intermediate (2-6 yrs experience) - $57,982 - 75,376/annum

Senior (6+ yrs experience) - $69,497 - 90,344/annum.

I don't think I want the job, but am applying for it anyway.  Application process is tedious, and already run into the bureaucratic snafu's that just epitomize what the VA is known for.  After completing the myriad paperwork I got an email saying my application was not complete.  Of course, the email didn't tell me WHAT I was still missing, just that it was still incomplete.  I log on, check everything, and I think I've checked all of the boxes and submitted everything, so I call the lady's number at the bottom of the posting. 

She was the perfect government bureaucrat....she told me exactly what was in the email I got, but couldn't offer me anything else, and certainly couldn't help me.  Just told me to go back online and ensure that I had uploaded all of the information required on the job posting.  I told her I already had, and asked if she could tell me what I was missing.....nope, she can't do that. 

I suggest maybe she try to work within the VA system to change it so where the computer generated email would tell the user WHAT exactly was missing....that thought process just went RIGHT over her head. 

UGH!!!

Speaking of tedious, I've run into road-blocks this morning with my app.  Accepted position, got DEA finally, was supposed to go before credentialing yesterday, and then this morning get a message saying that my references don't qualify since they aren't "peers".  In my last position, which was for 8 1/2 years, I was the only PA, overseeing an employee clinic.  I had my SP, who will only write letters of recommendation if the individual returns to discuss it with them (military background as well), and a very infrequent secondary SP who would cover during the absence of the primary SP, and wouldn't know my skill set from a hole in the ground.  There was a WHNP who I would discuss her medical cases with and am awaiting an ok from her for them to contact her.  The references that I did provide were department head nurses who knew my skill set better than anyone else.  The department head when asked back earlier in the year said that all personnel matters needed to go through HR (hire-able/not hire-able).  As much as I need to get back in the game I'm starting to wonder yet again if it is worth all this time and effort (commute is an hour plus each way, M-F).  My positions prior to that have either deceased or most likely retired SP's at this point.  Geez...

Archived