Is it worth it?

Hello, I have seen a lot of certificate/associates/bachelor's PA programs on the internet and, I'm wondering whether or not these programs are worth it? Why would anyone get a Master's when there are associates and bachelors? What is the catch to this? Will hospitals not employ you or will you just be paid less?

a few states require an MS.

some folks think you need an MS to keep up with the NPs.

I work with PAs with cert/as/bs/ms/phd.

we all make the same.

what makes you employable is passing the boards.

most of the cert and as programs are looking for folks with lots of prior hce.

MS are for folks who already have a bs and want the next level degree(most applicants today).

the difference between a cert level and ms level program is a few research courses and a thesis project.

I got a 2nd bs from pa school at a time that there were only 3 ms programs. I later got an ms because work paid for it. would not have otherwise. currently finishing up a doctorate that I was also able to find alternate funding for.

a few states require an MS.

some folks think you need an MS to keep up with the NPs.

I work with PAs with cert/as/bs/ms/phd.

we all make the same.

what makes you employable is passing the boards.

most of the cert and as programs are looking for folks with lots of prior hce.

MS are for folks who already have a bs and want the next level degree(most applicants today).

the difference between a cert level and ms level program is a few research courses and a thesis project.

I got a 2nd bs from pa school at a time that there were only 3 ms programs. I later got an ms because work paid for it. would not have otherwise. currently finishing up a doctorate that I was also able to find alternate funding for.

Thanks.

Archived