South University class starting January 2015

Do you have any suggestions on where to live? Or do you know anything about Hunters bluff, moss pointe, or Ashley midtown apts?

Thanks!

Dani - aren't we friends on FB now?  Shoot me a message or post in the FB group and we can get your questions answered!  If you're not the same person I am thinking of shoot me a message on here and we can get you to the right place.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was only invited, not accepted, but here are my stats: overall GPA 3.7, GRE (old) 1120, 2000 hours experience, not including shadowing. Confirmed that South U received everything 6/11. I hope that is helpful ( speaking for myself, I like to know as much as possible about where I stand, so that's why I volunteer the info)

I was only invited, not accepted, but here are my stats: overall GPA 3.7, GRE (old) 1120, 2000 hours experience, not including shadowing. Confirmed that South U received everything 6/11. I hope that is helpful ( speaking for myself, I like to know as much as possible about where I stand, so that's why I volunteer the info)

Thanks so much for the feedback. It is helpful info for all of us waiting to hear back from South. Best of luck to you and hope you get some good news soon :)

My stats aren't the greatest, but here they are :)

First time applicant

Cumulative GPA:3.50

Science GPA: 3.35

GRE total: 304

Health care experience : 1500 hours as a CNA on a cardiac floor at a hospital (still current), 205 as a medical assistant at an internal medicine office. 218 as a medical assistant at a dermatologist office, however those hours only count as indirect care since I didn't really touch patients.

PA shadowing: 50 hours at a rural family practice office. 8 hours at an OB/GYN.

I think my interview could have gone better. Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about stats since I they look at the whole picture. If you have any other questions let me know I would happy to answer.

Also accepted! :) 

@Vah10 - I looked into some of the places from the housing referral Ms. Hayes sent in the acceptance email already, but since I live in Pennsylvania I probably won't be able to physically look at any places before I move. So, if anyone does get the chance to look at any apartments and can give me some feedback I'd appreciate it :)

While I was at my interview I spoke to a couple of students and they recommended Colonial Grand at the Hammocks so I think i'm leaning towards there. It looks like they have a lot to offer with reasonable pricing. But at the same time, i'm still undecided on if I would rather rent a house with a few classmates instead...

For those of you who have accepted and paid down your deposit there is a FB group for the incoming class where ambassadors can answer questions on where to live etc.  You basically get access to current students for all your questions.  You can message me for the link!

Archived