Summer in Alaska

forwarded to me by a friend who has worked with them many times. would go myself if done with school, and kids older, but maybe one of you can go and I can live vicariously through your stories:

We have 3 summer locum positions in Southeast Alaska this summer.
Dates are June 10 to Sept 1, all or part of that will be considered.
These are dynamic clinics right in the middle of the best salmon and halibut fishing in the world.
All of these clinics need providers who can do primary care during the day and take call at night.
Good emergency skills are needed.
Pay is $75/hour, 8 to 5, with $95/hour for overtime and call-back. 1099 Contract.
Providers do very well here...usually $4-5K per week.
All travel from your home, housing, and malpractice insurance are included.

position #2:

Great 2 week locum stint in beautiful interior Alaska that pays $10,000 for 2 weeks. Dates run from June 13th to June 28th. Contact us quickly about this position as it will go fast!

Mary Ellen Doty
Wilderness Medical Staffing
907-399-0909 or  406-241-9292
Fax: 406-794-0687

I'll be adding this to my list of dream jobs... After my residency and getting a few good years of EM under my belt, I'd love to do something like this. How much experience do you think it takes to get a job like that?

probably 3-5 doing full scope em, although they would probably take someone right out of an em residency.

probably 3-5 doing full scope em, although they would probably take someone right out of an em residency.

Think maybe a newish grad in the military with years of CC nursing experience and the cert works of Fccs, atls, also, ect (maybe even some .mil courses in trauma and casualty care) and hundreds of intubations/airway experience, dozens of a-lines, about a dozen cvl, 50 spinal taps would suffice? Serious question

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

But no way man. I can't take more than 2 weeks at a time (and even that requires A LOT of kissing a**).

I guess I meant the one that was 2 weeks, which is what I was looking at. Sorry I wasn't more specific. So couldn't you take the 2 weeks?

Think maybe a newish grad in the military with years of CC nursing experience and the cert works of Fccs, atls, also, ect (maybe even some .mil courses in trauma and casualty care) and hundreds of intubations/airway experience, dozens of a-lines, about a dozen cvl, 50 spinal taps would suffice? Serious question

yup.

Hmmm....I'm sure they'd give you a break just going back to the 90s or early 2000s, no?

the form says all licenses to practice any health related endeavor in any state.

for me that means emt-basic certs in 3 counties of CA, medic licenses in 2 states, and pa licenses in 3 states + info from 2 er tech jobs, 2 medic jobs, and 7 pa jobs.

Archived