NOVA PA C/O 2017 Ft. Myers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I'm really new to the application cycle and anxious about it so I'd appreciate any responses. After submitting your supplemental, about how long did it take them to get to your application? Did they notify you when they began to review your application? Any info is appreciated, the waiting game is so excruciating. Thanks! :)

Hey guys I have a question. This past summer semester I took organic chemistry and medical terminology and I submitted my CASPA early on in the subsequent fall semester. Because I finished the class so close to the date I submitted my CASPA, those grades were not reported in my CASPA application. I called Ms. Hoffman-Hodge and told her about it and she told me to send another official transcript from my school. All that is squared away but my question is, what classes make up the science classes that contribute to the science GPA? Is it all science classes I've ever taken (intro to chemistry for example) or is it strictly the biology, chemistry 1 and 2, microbiology, A&P 1 and 2, and organic chemistry classes? And also is medical terminology classified as one of these science classes?

I'm just trying to make sure I have all my GPAs straight and this is driving me nuts! Any help is appreciated, thanks! 

Hey guys I have a question. This past summer semester I took organic chemistry and medical terminology and I submitted my CASPA early on in the subsequent fall semester. Because I finished the class so close to the date I submitted my CASPA, those grades were not reported in my CASPA application. I called Ms. Hoffman-Hodge and told her about it and she told me to send another official transcript from my school. All that is squared away but my question is, what classes make up the science classes that contribute to the science GPA? Is it all science classes I've ever taken (intro to chemistry for example) or is it strictly the biology, chemistry 1 and 2, microbiology, A&P 1 and 2, and organic chemistry classes? And also is medical terminology classified as one of these science classes?

I'm just trying to make sure I have all my GPAs straight and this is driving me nuts! Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Best source to reconcile how CASPA calculated your GPA is the CASPA FAQ. Look under CASPA Course Subjects and the list is fairly comprehensive as to what is considered what. A few probably aren't where you'd expect, e.g., Medical Terminology is in English. See also Verification: Grade Point Average (GPA) Calculations. I was able to tie mine out pretty much 100%.

Best source to reconcile how CASPA calculated your GPA is the CASPA FAQ. Look under CASPA Course Subjects and the list is fairly comprehensive as to what is considered what. A few probably aren't where you'd expect, e.g., Medical Terminology is in English. See also Verification: Grade Point Average (GPA) Calculations. I was able to tie mine out pretty much 100%.

Awesome, thanks!

Hi y'all! I'm interviewing this Friday 11/14 and I'm kind of in the dark. I haven't received a reminder email with information or where to go... Anyone who's already interviewed at NOVA ft myers have any info to share or any tips? This is my first interview of this cycle and I'm nervous! Any info would be much appreciated :) 

Hi y'all! I'm interviewing this Friday 11/14 and I'm kind of in the dark. I haven't received a reminder email with information or where to go... Anyone who's already interviewed at NOVA ft myers have any info to share or any tips? This is my first interview of this cycle and I'm nervous! Any info would be much appreciated :) 

Your interview confirmation email has your date and time ... and a link to the information about where, directions, etc.:

"All interviews are on Eastern Standard Time (EST).

Information about the interview day including directions, parking, and hotel accommodations can be found at: http://www.nova.edu/cwis/hpdasa/interview-day/"

Good luck!

CONGRATS TO THOSE OF YOU ACCEPTED !! I'm sure you're all really excited.... there were a lot of applicants this year, in the thousands, so those of you invited to interview is a HUGE accomplishment in itself!! For some reason they have been really "selective" this year, i would say maybe only 10% of the class is filled, so don't give up hope if you were waitlisted. there is someone in my class that was waitlisted and got his invite a week INTO school, so you never know!  Keep your heads up, if you want it bad enough it will happen!

best wishes, 

Justin PA-S1 Nova Ft Myers 

Archived