NOVA PA C/O 2017 Ft. Myers

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just submitted my supplemental application and requested my GRE scores.  I'm a little late to this game but looking at past years it doesn't seem out of the question.

I was wondering if anyone with similar stats had been accepted or put on the waitlist?

cGPA 3.4

sGPA 3.2

GRE v154 q156 a3.5

HCE 800

Good luck to all!

Hi all, I just joined the forum but have read up on previous posts. I applied to NOVA Ft. Myers and have an interview on Nov. 3. However, I think I made a mistake and belong at the Ft. Lauderdale campus haha! I was under the impression that Ft. Myers was still an actual campus, but just found out it's like one single building. Has anyone been to the Ft. Myers location? What is it like? What other programs are there? I am 23 and really like being surrounded by a lot of people and having things to do (as if we will have time during PA school haha!). If anyone knows what life is like at the Ft. Myers location, please share!

I'm actually at hotel across the parking lot from the school for my interview . It is indeed a single building, but it looks larger in person. Some schools only give PA students one room in addition to the wet labs and you'll be sharing facilities with other pre health students (I.e. nursing students) so I don't think it's a big deal . The area is very reminiscent of Orlando if that's any help . Supposedly the area is more lively when the "snowbirds " come in October. Perhaps I'll be able to share more once I talk to students tomorrow at my interview .

Saraturner, I live in fort myers and I am 28. I have toured the fort myers campus at an open house. I really liked the facilities and there are other programs there. It's not like it used to be where they borrowed classroom space from another university for the PA program. They know have this big new beautiful multi-program building. The PA program has an entire floor with classrooms, computer labs, patient exam rooms, high fidelity simulation rooms, etc. I really did like it. As far as living in fort myers there is a lot to do here. If you are coming from nyc you might not agree but short of that there's enough going on. Plus one of the great things about living here in florida is if you want a weekend get away you could get somewhere great and completely different with a quick drive. I go to Orlando, tampa, Miami, naples, and different islands off the coast all the time for the weekend. If you get an interview invite, you should come and check out the program and the city.

Archived