PAs performing balloon sinoplasty

Well I would add that it has to be 1) within the scope of practice of the SP and 2) privileged by the center where it is being done.

#2 can be a bigger barrier than #1.

Of course- I mostly assumed that with my broad stroke.  I just find it kinda odd that a PA would be asking that question

Reason I asked..I work in orthopedics and doing any procedures I am the assistant to a physician. Other than injections and casting while in the office, I assist with all procedures. Not knowing anything about other specialties, I found it surprising that at this office, PA was doing the procedures when the doc was not even in the room. It was just a question.... sorry I offended anyone

Reason I asked..I work in orthopedics and doing any procedures I am the assistant to a physician. Other than injections and casting while in the office, I assist with all procedures. Not knowing anything about other specialties, I found it surprising that at this office, PA was doing the procedures when the doc was not even in the room. It was just a question.... sorry I offended anyone

No disrespect intended, but you DO Understand the basic differences between a medical assistant and a PA, right?

You understand that the PA. Has a license to practice medicine, that the physician does not need to be even in the building for the PA To do so, and that the PA is fully capable of performing procedures on his own?

I hope this was a serious inquiry and I did not just waste 5 minutes on a troll posting

How can we expect the public to understand the profession when some PAs don't either?

OP- how do you not know how other specialties work? You did do clinical rotations in school right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I do not think that the OP is a PA.. I think she is an MA, " who assists the physician" in performance of certain procedures, and has some confusion about the privileges and credentials of PAs.

Archived