University of Charleston 2014

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is not a difficult interview,

I feel like I did not get to shine the things that I had done to get the interview. Like my genetics tutoring, internship, my ta positions, my HCE. I wish that I could have more. The questions were pretty general. That was my first interview ever, and I did on the waitlist. If you do--it is okay. They arent denying you off of the bat.

And have fun with the group interview. Thats what I did. Dont be too up tight. Be yourself. I learned from that experience to loosen up and just tell them what you really feel. Dont be rehearsed-just be natural. I felt so nervous bc it was my

First interview too, but it is not my last. Just be yourself, be passionate about the profession, and SHINE in that individual interview. You will get in if you do YOU!:)

It's my first year applying and also was my first interview. I was incredibly nervous when I walked through the doors but all the staff made it less nerve racking. One of the first things they told us was to just be yourselves and that honestly set the tone for me to relax and enjoy the experience. Easier said than done but just be yourself.

Imchel,

You are correct,I am interviewing at UK at well. I agree with Hopefulfor2014, the writing sample seemed like it was more about grammar and spelling as one of the professors stressed to make sure if you use the word "a lot" to make sure it is two words. LOL!  Without compromising the integrity of the interview, I would say be prepared for any type of question and just be yourself.

Relax and be yourself! Think of it this way... you are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. That way, not all of the pressure is on you!

I interviewed with the first group of applicants, and was accepted :)

Good luck!

Archived