Arizona: Northern Arizona University CASPA 2014-2015

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

Congrats on everyone already accepted and going to an interview still. My interview is November 5th. Does anyone who has already gone through the interview process and accepted have any good advice going into it. I heard that we are requred to write an essay as well, can anyone confirm?

Hey everyone,

Congrats on everyone already accepted and going to an interview still. My interview is November 5th. Does anyone who has already gone through the interview process and accepted have any good advice going into it. I heard that we are requred to write an essay as well, can anyone confirm?

You will not be required to write an essay. 

I have succumbed to registering for this PA Forum. I was too at the interview on October 8th, 2014. I've been to another interview recently and the recent school is not on par with NAU's PA Program. I really hope a lot of students from Oct. 8th get in, there were a lot of scholars there that day. As for the questions, relax and believe me when I say these questions are personable. If you practiced in front of a mirror with mock questions, you will be fine! I promise! Cliché to say, but speak from the heart and who you are as a person. NAU's staff and faculty are personable and likeable; additionally, you will love the simulation labs! Good luck!!

If you do not mind me asking, what were your stats? If you are uncomfortable posting them that is completely understandable!

Well I'm not really a stats kind of person. That's actually why I chose to apply to the schools that I did. I think it is way more important for programs to look at an individual well beyond GPA and GRE scores. My GPA from undergrad was around a 3.3, but I've had a lot of paid healthcare experience and additional education. I think this really made a big difference.

I am very excited about the program, and wish all of you guys the best. I was feeling just like you guys a couple of weeks ago. Hang in there.   

Hey guys, I have an interview here in December 3rd. Beverly told me that this interview consists of a group interview and a individual interview, is there anything else like an essay or a group activity within the interview? Also if anyone can give any tips for the interview that would be wonderful!

Good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I have an interview here in December 3rd. Beverly told me that this interview consists of a group interview and a individual interview, is there anything else like an essay or a group activity within the interview? Also if anyone can give any tips for the interview that would be wonderful!

Good luck everyone!

So you arrive at the building walk inside and there will be a line to wait in for your name badge and your itinerary for the day. You will then be taken upstairs to a conference room and go through a short PowerPoint presentation about the faculty and a little information about the school. Then you break off into groups. one group will go on a tour while 2 groups do group interviews and another group goes for individual interviews. After you finish all three things you will eat lunch with the current PA students and ask questions then you are free to go home. If you were the best of the day you will receive a call about 2 hours later, if they are still unsure about you they will compare you to the rest of the applicants and let you know December or january. No news is actually good news because you are still in the running. I was a little intimidated at first when I walked in and saw 18 really good looking people with strong medical backgrounds. After going through the interview though I felt really strong and I was so excited when I got my phonecall 2 hours later. You just have to keep your cool and answer the questions in a calm and collective way. I hope this helps =).

Does anyone know how many spots have been filled yet?

When I had my interview on the 22nd of October there were 25 spots left. At least that is what one of the PA students told me. I was accepted the first day and I do not know if anyone else was as well. I'm sure there were 1 or 2 more accepted. This would put it at around 28 spots full, meaning there would be around 22 spots left. I believe they keep a couple of the spots open to reevaluate some of the applicants at the end of the interview process so maybe a few less than 22. This is all speculation of course, I do not know an exact number.

Archived