EHR Casualties?

• 4 weeks later...

Dragon NS Medical Edition v12 with Microphone -->> $2,000 (I paid for it myself initially then after about 8 months the Medical Director convinced the practice to pay for licenses for the entire med team of 6 providers so they reimbursed me)

Dr's. First

Phrase Express

Windows Tablet

Was using Medtuity first but then changed to Unicharts at my "Private Practice" and Raintree at my job... but they are threatening to change to Psych Consult at the job.

There is a Known ~20% reduction in productivity/speed of documentation that comes with initial implementation that may or may not be recovered.

I use dragon to dictate the CC, HPI, ROS, Plan. The EMR generates letters and forms. Take on average 3-4 mins to complete documentation. I see about 18-20/day M-Th.

First patient at 0830- last scheduled at 4pm. I'm typically out the door by 4:45pm cause my first Private Practice patient of the day is usually scheduled at 5:30pm

1 hr New PCP encounters and New Addiction Medicine Encounters/ 1.5hr New Psych Evals

20 min Primary Care and Addiction Medicine Followups/30 min Psychiatry Follow ups

I do NOT chart from home cause I don't work for free.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Paula

SCREAMING and pulling out my hair as I finish day 2 of EMR and praying Jesus returns tonight so I don't have to face the click, click, click tomorrow. 

Archived