Hi all! Congratulations on those who have received interview invites. I will be there October 25th as well and was wondering if any other people from out of town will be interviewing. I am going to book a room at the Holiday Inn with two beds for the evening of October 24th if anyone would like to room with me and split the cost. It's cheap as it is, but figured I'd try to be more savvy and propose the idea if anyone else is up for it. I promise I am a wholesome and relatively sane young lady. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Thank you Kep308 for your enthusiasm!

Basically, they told me that I am lacking in Pa shadowing experience and 30 hours of community service. I do have experience shadowing an MD. I plead with them to allow me to rectify these minor patches. I'm already taking steps to fix this, and it can be corrected really fast.

I'm awaiting their reply.

I really hope they see that I have proved myself to be academically competant and have also proven to have good bedside manner from 6 years of HCE. I really do hope they look past minor -easy to correct technicallities.

I did. I applied for PA school back in 2011 when I was a junior in college and only 20. I was waitlisted then and took these past 3 years to gain more HCE, take the GRE and take additional prereqs to try and strengthen my GPA. So I reapplied this year pretty early and was offered acceptance just a few weeks after my interview.

I did. I applied for PA school back in 2011 when I was a junior in college and only 20. I was waitlisted then and took these past 3 years to gain more HCE, take the GRE and take additional prereqs to try and strengthen my GPA. So I reapplied this year pretty early and was offered acceptance just a few weeks after my interview.

wow thats awesome. what HCE do you have and GPA if you dont mind me asking? I am excited for my interview although very nervous too.

I received an interview invite last month for November 18th. They sent an itinerary with the invitation and it looks like a packed day. I am glad that they do a campus tour before the interview because it was hard to find information about the program online. Is the interview an individual or group interview?

I am an in state resident with no GRE, sGPA 3.57, cGPA 3.71, volunteer EMT, volunteer resident care provider for hospice patients, 400 hours of interning for a surgeon, and extensive undergrad biology research. I am worried that I have not shadowed a PA specifically. There are a lot of things I think I really like about this school so I'm excited and hopeful!

I received an interview invite last month for November 18th. They sent an itinerary with the invitation and it looks like a packed day. I am glad that they do a campus tour before the interview because it was hard to find information about the program online. Is the interview an individual or group interview?

I am an in state resident with no GRE, sGPA 3.57, cGPA 3.71, volunteer EMT, volunteer resident care provider for hospice patients, 400 hours of interning for a surgeon, and extensive undergrad biology research. I am worried that I have not shadowed a PA specifically. There are a lot of things I think I really like about this school so I'm excited and hopeful!

I will be there that day as well. I've heard only good things about the program. There is no requirement to 'shadow' but it is helpful 

Congrats Holly and to those that have gotten accepted! I'm coming from California and have an interview for Dec. 2nd. It's going to be quite a weather shock for me! Also, it sounds as though my group may be the last one since decisions would be sent sometime the same month. Anyone else interviewing that day?

You will do an individual interview with a panel. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived