A site to easily find PA schools you are qualified to apply to

My partner spent the last couple of years applying to PA schools and was recently accepted. Because of how competitive the programs are, she spent about 60 hours looking through all of their requirements just to see which ones she could apply to. After watching her do all of this, I figured there are others out there who might have been spending a ton of time doing the same thing.

As such, I automated the search process a bit:

http://paprogramsearch.com/

I would love to hear people's feedback, and also any suggestions for improvements or what they would like to see be added in the future.

I used it. Put in the classes I had taken from the choices provided. Im not sure how it calculates eligibility but I recieved interveiws for four of the school that the page listed me as only having completed 25% prereqs and attended one that said I was 50% complete. Its possible theyve added courses but I pretty much did a premed degree so most of the classes listed I had taken. Work out the bugs and this is a cool page though.

I used it. Put in the classes I had taken from the choices provided. Im not sure how it calculates eligibility but I recieved interveiws for four of the school that the page listed me as only having completed 25% prereqs and attended one that said I was 50% complete. Its possible theyve added courses but I pretty much did a premed degree so most of the classes listed I had taken. Work out the bugs and this is a cool page though.

I would be curious to know what your prereqs and schools are.

I think the biggest missing thing at the moment are certain class substitutes. For instance many (but not all) schools will allow "Biostatistic" to substitute for "Statistics", but the search currently doesn't take those into account. I can easily make it do so, but it's just a matter of tracking down the universal class substitutions.

I would be curious to know what your prereqs and schools are.

I think the biggest missing thing at the moment are certain class substitutes. For instance many (but not all) schools will allow "Biostatistic" to substitute for "Statistics", but the search currently doesn't take those into account. I can easily make it do so, but it's just a matter of tracking down the universal class substitutions.

I had a similar thing happen. I don't think it counted A&P 1&2 because I took A w/lab and P w/lab separately. Also it didn't count my calculus as substituting for Algebra 1.

Overall, though could be extremely useful!

It's a good resource.  There are some bugs that I think will eventually need tweaking (multiple classes counting for the same rec).  Apparently, I still need to take 2 classes for the program I am currently attending.  

It will get folks close to the mark.

Archived